Sunday 27 January 2008

Nice Party, But Wrong Music

Such a dull day, but it ended with a party. However the party wasn't that succesful either, which wasn't because of the people, the drinks or anything else, but because of the music. It was fun and I enjoyed it, but unfortunately one of Véronique's housemates was so sweet to make her laptop available to play music on in the kitchen. This was a really nice gesture of course, but her music wasn't exactly what I expected to be played. Last time I was at Véronique's place, her housemate Jeanne provided the music, so all night long I danced to bands like Phoenix, The Raconteurs and more of those bands. This time however, there was only salsa kind of music or music from way back in the day, which sounded like that song let's twist again like we did last summer. So not exactly what I had hoped for and I actually really looked forward to this party, because if the music's good, that for me means that this party is already 90% a success. And last time the music was exactly the way I like it. But of course it would be rude to tell this girl that we don't really like her music and ask her if we could use Jeanne's laptop to play the music on. Alice was there as well and after a while she started giving sings indicating that she wasn't feeling the music either. Not that I don't like it, it's ncie at times and I can appreciate this girls taste. But if you are looking forward to a party after what feels like a long and tiring week, you want it to be good, with good music you can really dance to. Maybe I have to host my own party next time. I will ask my hosuemates what they think about having a party at our house. Then I would play the tunes of course. But I did really have a nice night and because the rest of the day i did not go out anywhere, I just cleaned and finally finished it, the bio about Ian Curtis, I was really glad to see some familiar faces. I spoke a lot to Anne who I had not seen in quite a while. She told me about her time back in The Netherlands during the new year celebration and about her plans for next year and the courses she was taking right now. Also what was really fun was that she taught Aurélie, her housemate, some Dutch words. So when she was leaving she told me: 'Slaap lekker!' :) And then she said even some more words, so by the end of these six months, she'll maybe even be able to start an entire conversation! Today I will give back the book about Ian Curtis to Marion so I will probably go to the library to hand it back, because that is where she told me she would be. Because we don't have the camera yet I won't be meeting up with Euan and Clément to watch the tape we made during the casting which we filmed, so that we will probably do tomorrow. Maybe I go out to the Gulbenkian tonight and there are plans to go to The Venue tomorrow. I probably go, even though I do have seminar the next day. But if I just put my alarm clock on it shouldn't be a problem. It's Sunday and no rain, but sunshine. Woohoo! Enjoy!

No comments: