Saturday 5 January 2008

Those Two Weeks Are Over

I'm back in Canterbury. I arrived this afternoon around 2.20 pm. Everything went fine until it turned out the Victoria line would not stop at Victoria station. I don't know why exactly, but from Monday everything should be just as it was and it will be making a stop at Victoria. But I had no idea it would not make a stop there today so I had to take a different train to get there. I first walked to the Jubilee line, 'cause that one should bring me to Victoria, but with making a stop first and then having to get on the Circle line. Well as I got there after having to climb up the stairs with my two bags and my backpack on my back, the train that arrived would lot go further and new passengers weren't allowed to get in. So then this guy who works at the underground asked me where I had to go to and I told him to Victoria. He then said take the Piccadilly Line and then change trains at South Kensington. By this time I was getting a bit irritated, because I new the one from Piccadilly was also an option, but I just happened to choose for the Jubilee line. So then I had to walk all the way back, again with lots of stairs, so no escalators. Once on the one from Piccadilly everything went smoothly and I managed to be at the coach station in time for the bus to Canterbury. But I was pretty exhausted and a bit sweaty and right now my arms still hurt a bit from dragging my suitcase around and having to lift both up at every stairs I walked into. But now I'm home. My home in Park Wood that is, as I have to homes now. The one in Haarlem and the one here on campus. I cleaned up my room, emptied out my kitchen cupboard, took a shower, did some dishes and now I'me here sitting at my desk writing this message. I still feel sorry for not being able to meet up with a lot of people. I miss all of you as well and would love to see you again, have a chat, a drink, share our life stories etc. But I guess we will have to do all of that once I will return, which will be in June or maybe earlier. The weather will be so different by then, a whole different season. Right now i'm lucky, 'cause it's not at all cold here in Canterbury. I'm not sure if it will still be snowing this month, it would be really cool, but I guess you can never be sure. Well, that's it. I came back and I have left. See you and much love.

No comments: