Monday 21 January 2008

A Day Spent Outside The Library

Whereas yesterday was my day off, today I'm going to work again. I didn't do anything yesterday, besides reading in the biography about Ian Curtis which Marion gave to me to borrow. I still have not finished it, because I never had the time to read in these two weeks that I have bene here again. Of course I guess I had time, but I just didn't use it to read the book. I did a lot of other things, like yesterday going for a drink at Véronique's place. I got to meet her three new housemates, all girls, like before. So again Véronique lives in a house with only girls. Jan and Alice were there as well and also Penelope whom I was glad to see, because it was a while since we had a drink together. Later on Heidi and Marion also dropped by which was nice, because I knew they were tired from working at the library, especially Heidi who had been there from early in the morning. So it was very nice of them to after working so hard still meeting up for a drink. Around 8 I got back home. I didn't have to walk far, because Véeronique also lives in Grimshill. She lives at number 22, I at 16. I cooked myself some dinner and I was happy, because the rice I made was really good. The day before my attempt at making good rice kind of failed. :( Maybe I will go and do my grocery shopping this evening after my screening for today. Tomorrow they are going to announce the nominations for the 80th Academy Awards ceremony and as always I am still excited, even though I don't really care that much about them. I mean, it's not that I watch a film just because it received an Oscar nomination. But I like the whole excitement that surrounds and event like that, so I will try and be at home tomorrow afternoon to see the announcement. Last year they also showed it live online, so I guess I'll be able to watch it again this year. Have a nice Monday everyone, bye bye!

No comments: