Sunday 24 February 2008

2 Pounds For A Party

It took a while, but finally some new pictures and this time from inside The Venue. I didn't do anythign really interesting I could tell you about yesterday, I just worked on my long essay, analyzing the brutal and almost unwatcheable rape scene from Gaspar Noé's Irréversible. Not exactly a fun thing to do on a Saturday afternoon. Because this week the different societies got the chance to promote themselves again, there was this party last night and everyone who would come before 9pm could go in for 2 pounds. I met up with Alice in front of the reception and we met up with Marion on our way to The Venue. Marion just came back from watching Sweeney Todd with Heidi, still having the songs stuck in her head. At the entrance we ran into Nicola who was ging to the party as well with a friend. He made some of the pictures we later on took, so thanks for those! At first some societies gave some perfromances, like pole dacing, the salsa society and the belly dancing society, which Marion might join. Afterwards around 10 pm we all went upstairs into what is called The Light House for an afterparty. This 'party' consisted more of having just a nice chat and a drink, there were almost no people dancing. So after a while having said goodbye to Aurélie and Loraine who are both housemates of Anne, we went downstairs to check out what was going on at the dancefloor. Besides two crazy boys dancing and a boy and a girl, the dancefloor was empty. At this moment they happened to play the coolest songs, though. A bit of Bloc Party and Arctic Monkeys and a song from a band I don't know, but which I really liked. I have no idea how to figure out which song it was. Too bad. After a while they played one song, I can't remember which one and all of a sudden people popped up from everywhere and in no time the dancefloor was filled and the party really started. Thanks Alice for saying that we could just stay and see what was gonna happen. There were two other parties, which we later onw ent to but of which one was more of a private party and the other was a real bore, so I'm glad we just stayed at The Venue, cause eventually it turned out into a great event. They played a lot of ncie tunes, some dance and hip-hop/R&B. It was nice. Because today Marion is going to write her conclusion for her essay, we left around 12.30 to not be too tired today. Right now I am feeling a bit tired still, but I'm doing alright. I might go to the library to work, I might stay home at work, I might go to the cinema tonight. I'll just have to decide. Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments: