Friday 22 February 2008

Like A Dolphin

Maybe it was their reading week? I was going to watch Une Femme Est Une Femme by Godard which they were going to show during this sound course. However, I guess they had their reading week, because when I finally opened the door to look in the room it was completely dark and empty. I waited first outside when it was just 12 o'clock. I didn't want to interrupt, because last time they were in the middle of showing a clip as an example and then I walked in. It wasn't a problem, but i feel it's just not really nice. But ebcause they always have a short rbeak between lecture and screening I thought I would wait until some people would come out. But then noone came out, so I went into the room and it was empty. Last week they wee supposed to show Mean Streets but changed it into Chungking Express, so i guess I can't really trust this course anymore. So I went home again. Because I felt a bit fed up with the boxing class, even though I might still go today, I started looking at what time the swimming pool would be open at the Kingsmead Leisure Centre. Clement had already been there and Jan apparently swims there as well sometimes. He told me he will go today. So I checked the public swimming time and I'm 100 % sure it said from 3 until 9. So I went by bus to the west station and then walked to the swimming pool. The last time I walked there, which was also my first time, I went to Sainsburys which is at the same street as the pool. But at that time Sainsburys and the pool seemed much and much further away. It seemed like a long walk, but isn't at all. Maybe just ten minutes and it's really easy to find. The first time I guess I had to really pay attention and was a bit cautious about taking a wrong turn so it all seemed to take longer. I arrived at the centre and asked for the swimming pool. However the girl at the desk told me the public swimming would start at 4 not 3. So I ahd to wait an hour. I decided to go to Sainsburys to by 2 bottles of juice, because I forgot to buy drinks when I was doing my grocery shopping. This juice turns out to be sweet! It's like liquid candy. Not good at all. So i will just drink it as lemonade. A little bit of juice and then add a lot of water. Then I walked into town and went to Wilkinson where I bought a thermos and some rubber bands. When I was done doing that it was almost 4 so I went back to the centre again. The swimming pool is really nice. I didn't realize it, but the water is pretty warm, not cold like at the pool in my town. It was when I spoke to Jan last night and he said he wasn't to the warm water, I realized it was warm. It didn't cross my mind. Most of the time the pool for recreation with a glide and everything is the warm one and the one where people swim back and forth, more as a sort of training or work-out, that one is cold. But here they're both warm. I actually quite liked it though. I swam for about 1 hour and a half and then went back home. When i arrived home I didn't have much time to eat, but when I was in town I also bought a muesli bar which I had eaten the half of, so I had at least eaten soemthing already. At 6.50 they would play ne Touchez Pas La Hache (Dont Touch The Axe) at the Gulbenkian. I was pretty amazed by it. It feels like a play at times really feeling the tension between the two main actors. It was wonderful and the camera was great, lingering and being very slowly, floating through the space. Really nice. I thoguht the film would last something like 80 minutes. I don't know how I got that, because apparently it is 137 minutes long. So my first idea was to go home after the film and eat and then go to the library to meet up to speak about our holiday in Italy this August at Alice's and then go print my essay. But after the film it was already a quarter past 9. So I went directly to the library. We met up downstairs nearby the library cafe which was already closed. They have some sofa's there, which are very comfortable. We spoke about everything and we can stay from 18 to the 29th of August. I have to see what i'm goign to do. Maybe I would liek to do this interrail trip and visit multiple cities and then end it in Italy where I then will continue the trip with the rest of the gang. So it's gonna be exciting, but it's also weird already making plans for this summer. Today I will hand in my essay and tonight watch Sweeney Todd at the Gulbenkian. Amandine and Marion really have been waiting to see this film, so now finally they can. Alice, however, already saw it, since she nowadays is a downloading fanatic watching almost every film online. :) Have a nice Friday and enjoy the weekend!

No comments: