Friday 29 February 2008

Laser Game!!!

So what did I do last night? I went laser gaming! I had never done it before, but it was so much fun. After having cleaned up my room and I mean really cleaned up. I had not been able to hoover/vacuum clean my room for days so it was about time. I also cleaned my desk and everything else. Today I'm going to do my laundry as well. But after cleaning I worked a bit and then at 6 went to Alice's place. Marion was already there. I wasn't sure how many people would come, but Sandra came as well, as well as Marijke her friend who is from Germany but who's mother is Dutch, hence the name ;) We went into town on foot. Marion told me about her seminar and everything while we walked towards the Odeon. The laser game building is a bit behind the Odean, the cinema in town. A lot of people came, we ran into the whole group. Clement and his housemates were there, Nicola, Lorraine. We were with something more than 20 people. The game can be played with 50 at the same time so having a really large group wasn't a problem. We got to play two rounds, both 15 minutes each, for only 5 pounds. There are three teams, blue, red and yellow. At first I was in the blue team against people like Marion, Heidi, Clement and Sandra. But the second round I was on the yellow team with them against the rest. The first round I didn't do that great. I was hit 83 times while only having hit people myself 71 times. I ranked 20th of the 37 people who played. The second time I ranked 7th! Yippie! I was first in my group, but as a group we were last, which was mostly I gues sbecause of Heidi, who managed to score -720 points! Poor girls, she ranked last. I was 7th out of 38 people, hit 73 people and got hit myself 62 times. But I had a blast, it was so much fun. And even though 2x 15 minutes doesn't seem that long, it's enough because afterwards you're so warm. They had this whole room with stairs and tunnels, you could even clime down a pole. It was great. The second time we really worked as a team. I definitely want to do it again. Afterwards most people of the group went to McDonalds, but because some of us didn't feel like ging there, Alice, Marion, Sandra, Marijke and I went to this other place. It was the pub/restaurant where we had dinner the first time we went into town when we got in Canterbury. I still remember it very clearly. I first wanted the goam vegetable curry, but they didn't have that one anymore so I went for the vegetarian burger just as Sandra. It was really fun to eat out in town again, which was somethign Alice and I wanted to do for quite a long time. But every time everyone was too busy so we eneded up going to the cinema. So finally we got what we wanted. I said i would take pictures but I forgot. But anyway, I couldn't have taken pictures of us playing the laser game. Well, enjoy your day and have a nice weekend!

No comments: