Sunday 17 February 2008

I Can Smell Amsterdam

So today I really really really want to finish my essay. The thing is I have finished, but I just need to lose words, because I still have too many. So I really want to finish it, because I now it's more than possible and it doesn't have to take that long. I can do this in one day. I was supposed to do it yesterday, I know. But I got distracted. First there was the weather, but I was able to pretend the sun did not shine. Then however, Farhad decided he wanted to study outside. Patricia then decided to study outside as well and because she has kind of injured her foot a bit, Farhad asked me if I wanted to help him put the table outside. Of course I then couldn't resist to work outside as well. So I took a shower and everything and joined them with my laptop. I worked a bit, but not really that long. We all got distracted again. Firsy because we saw some familiar faces like Schaemus (I guess you write his name something like this) and Patricia saw some of her friends like Naeus (don't know how to write her name either) and Clement and his ousemates were sitting outside as well, so Aina and Clement came to chat a bit with us. Then Patricia decided to practice on her hobo, Farhad went to the sports centre and I went to do my laundry. So I went to do my laundry not bringing my key with me, expecting to just go and then come back. However, I wasn't the only one doing the laundry, Marion was doing hers as well. Because we had not seen each other for a while, instead of putting our clothes in the washing machine, then go home, come back, put them in the dryer and then go home again, we decided to just stay because we were together instead of on our own. So we just stood outside against the building enjoying the sun and talking. After putting our clothes in the dryer we went to the shop to buy something. Marion had not eaten anything so she needed to eat soemthing and I had to get some money for the dryer. And because I didn't havce exactly 60 pence in my wallet I went to buy this muesli bar. We were looking around and then we decided to both try some noodles. You have to add water to them and that's it. I tried them later on at home and they were pretty nice, but of course not soemthing I would every singhle day. But it's nice for a change. Because Marion wa shaving friend over she needed to pick her up at 6, so around 4.30 we got to get our stuff from the dryer and then we went back home. Then later on I might up with Alice at Veronique's place. The three of us were going to Miriam's birthday party. She turned 21 on Friday and celebrated her birthday yesterday. But because the party would start at 10.30 and we met up at Veronique's place at 10.30 we decided to first have a tea not wanting to bee too early at the party. But we talked and talked and talked. And Veronique had to get a lot off her chest, so before we knew it we were two hours later. So then we went to the party. It wasn't a really big party, which partly was because there was already this other Spanish party going on at Grimshill 8. We didn't stay long at Miriam's house, because Miriam, Aina, Isa and Clement decided to come with us to the Spanish party, because we wanted to go to that one as well. But that one was extremely crowded. But for a moment I felt more than home, because there was the smell of people rolling some joints, so my first reaction was, Amsterdam! Such a fmailiar smell, so nice. I loved it. But we didn't stay that long at all, because it was so full with people. In the back I could see Patricia who did manage to come even though her foot was still hurting. Before I left the hosue she and a friend were baking some biscuits, which were really nice. But then we decided to go back to Veronique's place. Clement, Isa, Aina and Miriam went home already as well. At Veronique's place we got another cup of tea and some tangerines and we talked until 3. Like almost always Alice wasn't feeling tired, but she slept in the afternoon, so she was goign to watch The Darjeeling Limited which she had managed to download. Me however, I'm thinking about watching it tonight on the big screen at the Gulbenkian. So yeah, I haven't been able to put those finishing touches on my essay. So I'm going to do that today. Enjoy this Sunday!

No comments: