Monday 25 February 2008

And The Oscar Goes To...ME!

I almost forgot to write today. I'm sitting here watching some Oscar speeches and the performance of Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for the movie Once, they won for best song. The song is great, so that's a real triumph. Anyway, have to work today on my long essay and then go to the screening for female performance and afterwards work again. Yesterday I worked, I even went to the library for a while, which I really enjoyed since on Sunday it´s not that crowded. I was supposed to go to the cinema in the evening, but I ended up staying at home and bought a polaroid camera for not so much money on Ebay. It´s something I wanted to haver for quite a long time, so I have one now. It will arrive maybe tomorrow, but at least this week. Really cool. Just some hours ago i received a package with a T-shirt from We Are Scientists and their debut album. I ordered both and I´m very happy! Alice who wanted to go to the cinema to watch Closing The Ring, which was the reason I decided to maybe go just to keep her company, eventually didn´t go either, feeling too tired from having lunch and singing songs. Their was this Italian mass she togetehr with some people from the Italian society arranged. Later on Marion asked if we wanted to come over for some hot choclate and cake. Alice was busy working on her essay and just started eating dinner so she couldn´t make it, but I went and Marion and I had some big pieces of chcolate cake, which she bought at the campus shop. It was really good, nice and sticky, melting on your tongue. Yum! It was a while ago since I ate some cake or something like cookies or candy. So it felt like a real treat. Lauren her housemate ate a piece too and later on came downstairs after finding a fly in her room. She doesn´t like them and hoped it would eventually fly out the window while she was in the kitchen waiting. Dennis joined us as well for a nice conversation as always. He always makes for a very interesting chat, so that´s relaly nice. Then I went home to go to bed. So yes, today i will work. I still don´t know why i had not sene the movie when it played multiple times here at the Gulbenkian, but I´m sure she deserved to win, Marion Cotillard. Everyone was thinking Julie Christie would win sicne she won so many important awards already over Cotillard. But the one most important trophy Cotillard took home, being absolutely perplexed. It´s great, cause not that i have anythign against old people, but I like it more when younger actors win because theys eem to appreciate it way more. For those odler actors it´s most of the time just something extra, soemthing at the end of their career they didn´t expect anymore. So congrats. I will take a shower now. Wooohoo, enjoy this week! And everyone listen to Throw Me The Statue, he´s great, love his album!

No comments: