Wednesday 27 February 2008

Get Out Of My Library!

Even though I brought my own laptop there still wasn't enough room in the library yesterday afternoon. I wanted to stay there and study. On Monday I was there during the evening and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Lately I preferred working at home, just because of the crowdedness and some people being a bit loud or doing no work at all just talking and laughing which doesn't really stimulate. But during the evening it's much better. Most people who are still around at that time are more serious and are there because they're really busy. So going from one floor to the other I searched for an empty seat, but none. At the third floor I ran into Clement who managed to get a computer and was working. But I left because it was completely filled. I then went downstairs to the ground floor to go and sit where they have all the journals and periodicals. But even there there were so many people so I eventually decided to go home. I worked just a bit in my room and then at 5.45 went to Alice's place to go back to the library with her and Marion to start a working session. I, however, left at 7 to see The Merchant of Venice which they showed at the film society screening. Afterwards, around 9, I went back to the library. I did not work though, because I was tryign to recover a file. I think I saved it, but I don't know where and my computer doesn't seem to know where to find it. It sucks just a bit, but I can write things all over again. It wasn't that much and I'm not sure if I would have kept the text anyway. So it isn't a really big deal. Just some minutes ago I came back from Tesco doing my laundry. My polaroid camera arrived yesterday so now I will look for a role of film to put in there so I can start taking some pictures and see how everything works. This evening there's the drawing session from 5 to 7. i will go to the library before and hopefully am able to find a place to sit comfortably and study.

No comments: