Wednesday 20 February 2008

First There Was The Filmmaking, Then The Boxing, Then The Drawing And Now... Salsa!

I went and I liked it! I'm very surprised, but the salsa class was so much fun. I had a blast. It's fun and not at all so difficult. It was my first time ever dancing salsa or even dancing like that, two by two. I never did any of that ballroom dancing or anything. So this was my first time and I believe I did quite alright. When I danced with Alice she told me I danced better than this other guy and I don't think it was his first time. This girl Jade, it was her first time as well and she also thought I did quite well. But it was really funny and it's a nice way to get to know some new people, see some new faces. There are three classes, all of 1 hour. There's the one for beginners starting at 7.30, one for people who have already passed the level of beginner and a last class for the really advanced people. Because there's not a really big difference between the beginners class and the one after I stayed for the second class as well. Veronique told she also went to that class the last time so I decided to also stay. Also because I really had fun and didn't feel like leaving yet. But it was really funny, because the teacher, she had these 4 steps and during the beginners class we only learned the first one. That one I know now, but still it was a bit difficult because it involves a lot of dancing. And as a boy you have to know the steps really well, cause you're the one who has to lead. But number 2, 3 and 4, I didn't know yet. Last week she probably explained them really well during this second class, but the beginners apparently are still at step 1, so she went through the 3 other steps really quickly, just for everyone to refresh their memory. I started with Veronique and the two of us kept laughing, because we messed up really badly. My neck almost started to hurt having to look at the teacher all the time to get the steps right. But I bet with more practice I will get these steps as well. But yeah, I had more fun than I could have ever imagined. I don't know why I didn't decide to come earlier. The reason why I finally decided to go was just because I was in the mood to try something new again, meet some new people and also out of curiosity, because the two of them keep telling me I should come. So I thought, why not go and have a look. If they go and have fun, maybe I will enjoy it as well. So next week I will be there again. I already paid my 3 pounds to join the Latin American society, so I'm completely ready. Before going to the slasa i was at home and before that at the library. However, I don't really enjoy the library anymore. Sometimes it's full of people who aren't studying seriously and only keep talking with each other about stupid things. They don't even come to study or really discuss things. Because the computer room had a discussion area, but most of the people there think it means you are allowed to speak, so you can talk crap all day long. But most of us come to really work and not that they are really loud (at least not always) but it's just a bit annoying having these people around just sitting on the table, chatting, like they're having a break or something. So i rather work at home right now. Also yesterday i brought my laptop, but I forgot to bring my mouse and the right plug to plug my adapter into the socket. So after a bit more than two hours I went back home again. I don't know what happened to the weather today, but it's foggy, no sunshine. If the sky is like this tonight we won't be able to see the moon eclipse. Here we should be able to see it at 3 am. But if it's worth it to stay awake to see it. I don't know. I'm sure there are more to come, so i can watch a different time. This afternoon I will have my drawing class and before i will meet up with Euan at the Gulebenkian. So the rest of the day I have time to work, which is necessary since I feel I have such a busy schedule nowadays with all the filmmaking, salsa, drawing and boxing. And at the Gulebenkian they will play a lot of films I NEED to see like Juno, There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men!

No comments: