Wednesday 13 February 2008

Microwave Vegetables Are Quite Okay!

I started with my seminar and then went home to work on my essay. Like every week I'm really enjoying the seminar, so far it's the only one where I feel I'm really doing something. The other seminars were always more like lectures where you would just sit and listen and look at clips and you were allowed to say something, but you didn't have to. Only sometimes you would work in groups, but almost never. Here however, it's the complete opposite. Every week we sometimes watch a clip together and then can comment on it, but we always work in groups after, looking at a clip, analyzing it, and then sharing our info with the others of the group. Also we discuss the film we saw the day before in groups, talking about things like micro-meanings and looking at the actress' gestures and things that might be of significance for the way to perceive her performance. it's a very interesting course and the seminar makes it all the more fun. Next week is my reading week, so my next seminar and screening will be the 25 and 26th of February. Today it's a special day because Maaike is turning 21! Happy birthday Maaike, hope you have a great day. I'm happy you got yourself a new and place to live in, one that is bigger. I would love to drop by when I get back to see where you live in Leiden. After my seminar I went to the library to print out some things and then worked on my essay at home. Because I got tired of staring at my computer screen after a while, I decided it was time to go somewhere. So I decided, let's go and do my grocery shopping. I took the bus at Park Wood and went into town. At the busstop I met Patricia who was going to west station to pick up a friend. Later on, however, her friend called that it was no longer necessary so then she just went to the campus shop to buy something for them to prepare as dinner. I also spoke to a girl from my seminar, which was really cool. Apparently she lives in Park Wood as well. When I returned from town I made my dinner. I still had some rice from the day before so I only had to add vegetables and because they reduced the prices of some of them I bought some fresh ones to eat. I just steamed in the microwave which turned out to be really nice! I'm pleasantly surprised. Then around 7 I went to the film society screening. Because Thursday it's Valentine's Day, they played Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn. It was actually only the second time I saw a film with her in it and looking at Imdb afterwards I was very surprised to see she has not even played in that many films. But the only one I had seen so far was How To Steal A Million. No, not even Breakfast At Tiffany's or My Fair Lady. I know, pretty bad for a film student, right? You would expect me to have seen those classics. But nope. I haven't. One day I will though. But it was a very sweet film and real fun. I was real happy because Clément showed up as well. I had not seen him for some days, so it was cool to watch the film together. He had been very busy writing his two essays, working on his French dissertation and getting ready for some French exams. he's really busy. And then his girlfriend Léa also came by so he of course wanted to spend some quality time with her. I also had not been able to give him his birthday present yet. I had been carrying it around in my bag the last of couple of days inc ase I would run into him. After the film Clément went to the library to mail something to himself which he had scanned and I walked back home. I listened to music and then brushed my teeth and went to bed. I feel I've slept pretty well. Today we will meet up with Tom and hopefully Rose. Rose is the girl we picked for our film, Tom is one of the potential candidates to play the role of the boy. We will meet them at 3 this afternoon. At 5 there will be the drawing session. I can't believe it's already that day of the week. I'm excited. One of my drawings is hanging on the door of my wardrobe. First I will have breakfast and work on my essay. Everyone enjoy your day, especially you Maaike, it's your birthday!

No comments: