Monday 11 February 2008

I Won A Grammy!

I slept until 12 in the afternoon yesterday, which is pretty long. I almost always wake up before ten, not later. But I was still very tired from Friday night, so it was good to sleep for a very long time and get some good rest. During the afternoon I spent the day int he kitchen working on my essay for Female Performance. I have to write 3500 words and I managed to write an introduction and another 500 words about mise-en-scene, things like that. I feel this essay is much more fun and less difficult, because it focuses mainly on analyzing a short clip. I have chosen to analyze a clip from L'Eclisse, thus analyzing Monica Vitti's performance of Vittoria. Then afterwards I made dinner and around 9 decided I wanted to watch a film, so i watched Ora O Mai PiĆ¹. Still, though, I feel I have to definitely watch it again, because my mind wandered of quite a bit. Not because the film wasn't interesting, but because the film apparently made me think about a lot of things which did not concern the film. Then after the film I went to bed, but instead of falling asleep immediately I first happened to have some ideas about our little film. So I had to get out of bed again to write them down. Now I'm awake again. Last night both the BAFTA's as well as the Grammy's were handed out. Apparently Atonement won for best film and Amy Winehouse won best record of the year and some other awards. Kanye West won some as well. Today i have my screening. It will be Hero, which I already have seen once. I'm also able to pick up my Documentray Film essay. I have no idea whether it will be a good or a bad mark. I'm a bit scared :) Part of me doesn't want to know. But yeah, I will do that as well. So everyone, enjoy this week. I'm going to take a shower and brush my teeth.

No comments: