Tuesday 19 February 2008

I Completely Forgot About It, But Now I Finally Saw It

So yesterday afternoon I had lunch at the Gulbenkian with Marion, Amandine to meet Marion's Friend Sofia from France. Alice came as well, so together we had lunch. Afterwards Marion was going to show Sofia the Canterbury cathedral, which made me realize I had not seen it yet either. I had completely forgotten about it. I had been walking around it, seeing it from the outside but never got to see what's inside. But yesterday I finally did. The reason I had not seen it yet was that I was supposed to go see it once with Clement and Marion, but Marion first wanted to study some things about it so she could give us a little tour, being the history student. So because I had not seen it yet I was invited to come along. So after the lunch I walked into town with Marion and Sofia and we went to the cathedral. The weather was extremely nice. The sun was shining and it wasn't cold at all, at least not during the afternoon. Once it gets later it starts to become colder and you feel like freezing. But when we walked towards the city it wasn't that cold and the sun was shining wonderfully. From the inside the cathedrail looks very beautiful. There are lots of tombs and the glass of the large windows are filled with colorful paintings. And like always inside it looks much bigger than you expect when you see it from the outside. We also walked back to Park Wood and when i got home I prepared my dinner. Marion had invited me and Alice for a drink at her place at 7.30 so at 7.30 I was there, but Alice was still taking a shower so she would come a bit later. When I got there Marion was speaking with her housemate David and her boyfriend Richard, who I had not met yet. We just talked a bit about music and David's T-shirt which had drawings on it Marion found to be a bit scary. Dennis arrived as well but had to go back and forth, as he was doing his laundry. Alice arrived later on. The purpose of this little meetign was actually to get Marion's friend better, but because the two of them went to London early this afternoon, she went to bed early. After talking in the kitchen to Dennis and Alice for a while, Alice and I went home. Marion went out with Richard for a while. But because we didn't know how long it would take, Alice wanted to go and check out this party at Grimshill 5. So we left, but walking passed Grimshill 5 it seemed the party had not yet started. But then again, it was still before 10 pm. So we both went home and I jumped into my bed to sleep and dream. Tonight I'm going to the salsa class. I have never danced salsa before and it isn't that i really have the urge to learn it, but Alice and Veronique keep telling me how nice it is and that I should come with them. So today i will have a look just to check it out. I still want to meet some new people as well, so this might be an opportunity. But t's cool that I'm going, because I'm pretty curious about how this whole class is. And this one according to the girls is much better. They first went to this other one, but they got bored of it, because they didn't feel like they were really improving, because everytime they learned new things, but the things they learned the week before were never repeated. So it was no use. But this class is from the Latin American society. Besides salsa they also show movies every week and have this meeting where people just talk in Spanish while having a drink, so that everyone who wants to improve their Spanish can come along for a Spanish chat. Maybe I should go and start learning some Spanish too. I've always wanted to learn it, so why not. But yes, I'm going to do that tonight. Tomorrow I will have a meeting with Euan about our project just before the drawing session. I saw him on my way to the Gulbenkian yesterday, which was really cool, because I never run into him. But I guess that's because he's a physics student and therefore he has to go to the Biosciences building, which is before all the other lecture buildings and the library. So it was cool to run into him. Today I will work on my long essay. I will probably work in the library for a while just to be in a place with lots of people, instead of at home. I also like the walk to the library. So have a nice day!

No comments: