Saturday 23 February 2008

Another Afternoon At The Swimming Pool

After weeks of waiting Sweeney Todd finally arrived at the Gulbenkian. I went to see it last night. I expected to see more people, but out of everyone we know, only Amandine and me were there. Marion and Heidi must have been really busy or tired that they didn't immediately went to see it. But Amandine and I went and we both loved it. It's a musical, but one in which a lot of things happen during the singing. The characters find themselves busy doing something while they sing, so the action goes on. It's not that the focus is all on the song, which can make it tough to sit through. Only some songs at the beginning get a lot of attention by not letting too much happen while an actor sings. Overall the film is very funny, especially because of Helena Bonham Carter's character. Bonham Carter almost outshines Johnny Depp, but Depp is great as well. His voice sounds dark and crisp and it was fun to hear him sing. It's really a film that is very entertaining. Again I went to the swimming pool in the afternoon. I enjoyed it a lot on Thursday that I thought let's go again. It wasn't that crowded, just like Thursday which was nice. I came around 5 and stayed for a bit more than an hour. Before I went I was at the library after handing in the essay for Female Performance. It's the weekend again right now. Maybe I will go to The Venue tonight, because there was this special night because of the week where all the societies get to promote themselves. Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments: