Wednesday 6 February 2008

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

I had my seminar yesterday in which we discussed L'Eclisse by Antonioni and especially Monica Vitti's performance. Afterwards I went to the library to analyze a five minute clip which I'm probably going to use for my essay which has to be handed in February 22. I added the film to my downloads a couple of days ago and last evening it was done downloading so now I don't have to go to the library every time to be able to watch the film. After analyzing the clip I decided to go back home and type everything I had written. Because last night was the last time they would show Plannet Terror by Robert Rodriguez at the Gulbenkian I decided I wanted to go. I emailed Heidi and Marion about it. Heidi unfortunately had to go to a pancake party of her volleybal team, so she couldn't come, but Marion had no other plans and was up for it. So around 6.25 I picked her up and together we walked to the Gulbenkian to see the movie. It was a very fun film, very bloody and gory. I like these films which don't take themselves to seriously. Together with Tarantino's Death Proof the two films make up their project Grindhouse. The films should have actually been shown together, but because of both film's length, the studios decided to split them up. In this I kind of have to agree as I don't know if I would have still been able to keep my full attention once the second film would have started. But both films are excellent and I cans ee why reviewers called Planet Terror the better one of the two. But I already really liked Death Proof as well. This afternoon at 5pm I will have my second life drawing session. Very exciting. It's the coolest thing to do. And at 12 today I will have lunch at the Gulbenkian with Marion and Heidi and everyone else who wants to join us. Have a nice day and everyone check out Vampire Weekend, they're really cool!

No comments: