Sunday 30 March 2008

8 pm Earth Hour

So last night from 8 to 9 was Earth Hour. I turned off everything in my room and went to sit in the hall, with only the light from the stairs switched on. I would have loved to just turn everything off, but I dont have candles or anything. But I sat reading for an hour. And well, my housemates didn't really participated, so there would be some light and some things still switched on anyway. Patricia was cooking so she couldn't go and do it in a dark kitchen. It's just to create awareness. It almost seems days ago, but it was really just yesterday morning I went into town with Heidi and Marion. Then in the afternoon I worked at home until I needed a break and started watching two episodes of Scrubs and being on MSN. My computer had a freeze two times, so I had to switch everything off and on again. A bit annoying. So then I decided to wait with finishing Scrubs as my pc didn't seem to be able to handle letting Alice download things from my shared folder, being in a conversation with Khodr this guy I know from Syria, speaking to my mother via Skype and watching Scrubs all at the same time. I still have to finish that second espisode. But it's so much fun, I really like Scrubs. It's a great way to pass the time and I needed it as I was getting hungry, but didn't want to give in to this feeling too much as I knew I would be eating in a short while with my housemates and some of Patricia's friend, who cooked a lot of delicious things. Around 9 the kitchen started to fill up with people so eventually we decided to go to Grimshill number 8, they have a bigger kitchen. Patricia made three pizzas, some crepes with some vegetable mix to eat with it and a cake with chocolate and banana on top. Because it was her birthday on Friday her friends also brought along two pies. The pizzas were sooo good, especially the first one I tasted which only had tomatoes and cheese in it. It was fun and actually the first time Victoria, Farhad, Stuart, Patricia and I were together at a party at the same time. Victoria and Stuart brought some wine to which they added cassis liquor, which was really nice, but it made me feel a bit more tired and I already felt tired quite a bit. But I had a really nice evening. Tonight I will go and watch Juno, finally, and then head over to Clements place for his farewell dinner/party. It's going to be really sad.

No comments: