Monday 3 March 2008

Don't Trust Me?

I forgot, I have a nother reading week this week. Tamar my co-ordinator/seminar leader is having a conference, so I don't have a screening nor a seminar. Because I don't have any other courses, I'm free all week. Lucky me! :) Well, I need to work on my long essay anyway. But actually I already kind of finished. At least I so far did everything I needed to do, apart from writing the conclusion. I did all the analyses, an intorduction, wrote about these theories, explained them etc. And I already have more than enough words. But it's just stupid that here at Kent they only want me to write 6000 words and even the 10000 from the UvA are nothing. I find it to be ridiculous. But if that's all they want then so be it. Yesterdat I was at the library from something like 3.30 in the afternoon. Apparently level 3 is the new level 4. Heidi now always sits there so we kind of moved down one level. I think Clement prefers level 3 as well. I stayed til closing time, but Marion was really tired and wanted to eat soemthing so she left early together with Heidi. I later onw ent home as well and had dinner and around 8.30 i went to the cinema to watch Charlie Wilson's War. On the way to the Gulbenkian i ran into Alice who had watched Stellet Licht and thought it was the most boring film ever! :p I guess our tastes really differ. Maybe you should watch Gerry, Alice. I'm sure you'll love that one! No, but really. I know some people will go see that film and think what is this?! But I love it. It's brilliant. The way the film is build up. Every detail is so beautiful. Reygadas just dares to do it. I love his work. So now Alice won't trust me anymore. She's rather listen to Marion who had difficulty getting into the first 20 minutes of the film but finally got into it and I guess liked it. But I went out of the cinema being overwhelmed and thinking it was amazing, so yeah, that's still a big difference I guess. Well, Charlie Wilson's War. That one didn't quite work. It had some funny moments, but never truly felt like a comedy. Because it's based on a true story, you can't keep wondering is this really how it went. It seems too much like a parody at times, making it feel a bit unrealistic. The film never really grabbed me. Also, it's not a film which provides many beautiful and interesting shots as does Stellet Licht, it very much depends on its story than aesthetics. It's okay, but I found it to be a bit disspointing. However, I never had really big expectations anyway. But today I will probably be at the library from 6 to 9 as well, just as Heidi plans to do. I have nothing this week, so I can paln everything myself. I like working during the evening and I'm sure it will be less crowded than during the afternoon. Have a nice week!

No comments: