Sunday 2 March 2008

Distracted

I have just woken up. I really slept like a baby. I was tired last evening before I went to see Stellet Licht (Silent Light) with Marion, but during the film I was completely in it. And once back home I was tired again, making it easy for me to immediately fall asleep. During the afternoon I joined Heidi and Marion at level 3 of the library. Marion was very distracted, so was I. I guess it was because the night before we already worked hard, so it would not be a big deal if we wouldn't work hard right there, at that moment. I guess because of working hard the night before we would feel less guilty if know we didn't work. Alice was at level 4 and came by after a while for a break and then later on left her stuff with us to go for a walk of fresh air. Penelope later cam to the library as well. And Dennis came to use the computer to look for a flight for Italy. I guess the internet connection at Marion's place still doesn't work, which is very strange. At my place it always works perfectly as you mgiht have noticed. I'm still here evryday typing. ;) Around 40 past 6, when the libraryw as about to close we walked home. Alice was feeling tired so she wasn't sure if she would join us for the film. We would meet up at 8.30 at the bench which is right where the path to Parkwood splits up into two parts. After eating dinner I went to the bench and waited there for Marion to show up and maybe Alice. Alice didn't come so it was just the two of us. The filmw as amazing. However, at the end I had to go to the bathroom so badly. And I mean really badly. I guess I never learn. Before I drank a full teapot of tea, but I finished it at 8 so I thought that would provide me with enought time to get it all out before watching the film :) But NO. I was wrong. I almost had a Reprise deja vu. When i saw that film I left the cinema and missed the ending. It could not happen to me this time, so I stayed put and fortunately I pulled through. The film is extraodrinary. If you've seen Carlos Reygadas' Japón you probably know what I mean. The angles he chooses, his slow gentle zooms, his long takes. It's amazing. This film has so many great moments. It reminded me a lot of Reprise but also Gerry. It's amazing and I feel very firtunate to have been able to see it on the big scren. Andrew, a friend of Farhad who is already back in the US, was right. This film was just as amazing as Japón and maybe even more beautiful. I loved every bit. If you get the chance to see it, go. You might not be into the film immediately, though I was, but eventually you will be as Marion experienced. Today I will probably go to the library again at one point. But first I will do a bit of surfing on the net and listen to the Fleet Foxes, this band of whom I decided to download their album to give it a try. Your Protector is so far the most beautiful song. I'll play it again right now. The sun is shining, a blue sky. No rainy Sunday.

No comments: