Friday 7 March 2008

Watching Gerry At Euan's Place

I had a meeting at 5 at the Gulbenkian with Euan and Clement and because I don't have any classes after Tuesday and there werent any other interesting screenings from film courses to attend, on a day like that my day actually kind of really starts at 3, when i go out and do soemthing, instead of being at home in my room. On days like those I wish I slept until something like 12 o'clock, but that is still something that is quite impossible for me to achieve. I can't help but already wake up around 10. It's pretty much my maximum. But yeah, so at 3 I went to the library. I like to just study for two hours before I have a meeting. So that's what I did and then around 5 I met up with Euan and Clement. WWe set a new date to shoot as Tom wasn't able to shoot the film this weekend. Rose was and we were as well, so it reallyw as too bad we couldnt do it this weekend. We still got the camera booked so this Sunday we'll probably go out and do some test shots, experience a bit. Hopefully the weather will be good, today it looks a bit dark and it has been raining. So I'm hoping all of the weekend won't end up being like this. After the meeting I went back home, changed clothes and then went to the sports centre at 6 to go to the circuits class again. I'm in love with it. It's great an like I'm part of this big experiment when I'm there. It must really look strange all these boys and girls running around like crazy doing all these different excercises. It has a bit of that boot camp feel to it, but not as bad as those times at the boxing class. But again, what I like most is that the group is so big, so you don't feel like being constantly watched all the time or something. I have to say that also for someone who hasnt run for so long and really do sports I'm doing really well. I do this whole thing without stopping in between, without drinking some water. It's bad, but I do have to say that it kind of makes me feel good that the longer we're busy the more people start to take a break or you see them standing heavily breathing at the sideline. I bet a lot of these people have been running and for a long time, longer than me. So to see them all take breaks, makes me proud about myself. I can do this without having to stop. And you also have to take into account that the day before I was at this pure abs class, so my stomach was hurting me. And I knew at one point you had to do some sit-ups, so i was already thinking before coming, how am i going to do that. But once I was there and had run again and already did some exercises before, I could do them again, the 'pain' was gone, so it wasnt a problem. But I really enjoy it. I will try to go on Monday as well even though i have this screening. But it depends, if Ill go back to the Netherlands to attend my brother's graduation ceremony, I wont be able to maybe go to the seminar the next day so going to the screening isnt of very much use then either. And Ive already seen the film ones, it's 8 Femmes. I dont really like it either. I find it a bit too kitsch maybe, too many colours. And the big climatic ending is predicatble. It was just like that film Gosford Park. I saw that ending coming long before the end which actually had a lot to do with the film's casting. Of some of the bigger name actors I was just convinced they would have a bigger role than this, so that's why i knew that actor was supposed to be that one person etc. Well, after the circuits training I went back home to take a shower, grabbed somethign to eat and then went to the campus shop where I met up with Euan and Clement again to go to Euan's place to watch Gerry by Gus Van Sant together. Euan lives in town with three other housemates. He lives really nearby and the house he lives in is so nice and big! Wow, I was really impressed. I especially loved the big open kitchen and it seems they have high ceilings as well or at least it appears they do. And his room as well, it's so nice. He has a lot of posters and pictures on the wall, which gives it a lot of character. A room with so many things could appear messy soemtimes, but his isn't at all. It's just really nice done, with a lot of atmosphere and warmth to it. I wish I had a room like that. Very beautiful. We watched almost all of Gerry, parts of Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind and parts of the DVD from the group Sigur Ros who make really great music. Really nice. Euan was making some duck in the oven which he had not eaten in a very long time. He also pepared some mashed potatoes and carrots. Because I dont eat meat I just had some carrots and potatoe. Euan told he also is like 80 or 90% vegetarian, but also not because he is really against animal cruelty or anything. He just doesn't eat it a lot. But now and then he just really likes to eat some and also because when you don't eat meat your body stops making these substances which are needed to make it able for your body to digest the meat, so he just soemtimes eat a bit of red meat just to not have his body completely end the producing of those things that are needed. We also watched this short film, which was made very well and listened to some music. Around 11.30 Clement and I walked back home again to Parkwood and now it's a brand new day. There's this dinner/party I might go to tonight, but I'm not sure yet. At the Gulbenkian they'll play I'm Not There tonight, I'm soooo excited. I can't wait to see it, Ive heard many wonderful things about it and I love Bob Dylan. Right now Im gonna watch the final episode of this game programma Wie Is De Mol? ! I'm so excited. The moll is going to be revealed. Enjoy your day and the weekend, Cheerio!

No comments: