Tuesday 4 March 2008

Forget About The Boxing, Forget About The Swimming, I'm Going To The Circuits Class! ;p

You're no longer able to sleep, so what do you do? In my case you listen to some music. Yesterday We Are Scientists new album Brain Thurst Mastery leaked and it's as good as the other two records I have of them. I'm going to see them live April 24th and I plan to mabe stay one night in a hotel, no a too one expensive though. Yesterday I realized I didn't have anything for this week, no screening, no seminar, nada. I guess maybe that's why I woke up this early. Normally I have a seminar at 9.30. But not this week, I guess my mind/body thinks differently. So here I am, only 7.53 am. I went into town yesterday, really quickly. Took the bus, went to Tesco and took the bus back. It was a nice day to walk but I felt sleepy. When I arrived back home I should have got back to bed, but once you turn on your computer time goes by fast. I had to go buy some muesli, which was one of the reasins I could no longer wait to do my shopping on Wednesday like I did last week and the week before. At 6 I wanted to join Heidi at the library, cause she said she would be there from 6 to 9. But just around 5.40 Farhad knocked on my door telling me I should come with him to this cardio class, which they call 'circuits', because you have to run around and go through all these excercises. He already tried to convince Patricia to come with him, but she ended up not going as she had to prepare dinner with a friend. It was going to be Farhad's first time and because I hadn't been swimming or do anything else since the week before last week, I decided to change clothes and come with him. Vesna came with us as well. She had already been going to this class a couple of times. I didn't know about it and last week when walking to the laser game place, when walking passed the sports center I wondered who were all those people running in the main hall. A door stood open and you could look inside. But it turns out they were from this class. And so I went and I have to say it's really good. It's kind of what they do at boxing class on Thursday. There they first run as a warm-up and then end by doing all these little excercices. Like run to one point do some sit-up, run back. Run back again do some star jumps, run back again. Well this class combines the two. First you run round the hall and then you split up in groups and go from one exercise to another and in between you run one round after every exercise. You had to do this rowing excercise, star jumps, push ups etc. What like most is that it's a very big group. So you don't feel like you're doing it all alone. But at the same time you can choose you're own tempo all by yourself. So you really do it for you. This Thursday there will be anopther class, it's something like 50 minutes. I will definitely go again. Next Monday I won't be sure if i'm able to go as I will have my screening again. About the swimming, I'll probably end up going again maybe this week, maybe the next, but I'll definitely reconsider getting a membership. After I took a shower and everything, ate, and went to the library. Yes, I wasn't too exhausted. I felt really good, so I went to level 3 and stayed from something like 7.45 to 10 pm. Heidi and Marion were there as well and Heidi told me that before she has the problems with her leg she also used to go to this class during the autumn term. I had no idea. I thought this was a new class, but apparently not. Marion who had been at the library already from some minutes before 3 in the afternoon had enough after a while and she and Heidi left. I stayed and read two more text. I worked really well, so I'm happy. I think tonight there will be a salsa class again, so I'm going to dance and see how much I remembered from last class. It will only be my second class as last week there wasn't a class for some reason. Marion who is going to bellydance, which is on Thursday, didn't have a class either. I guess all the dancing societies skipped one week. So now this Thursday Marion will probably make her debut. It's fun everyone dancing and doing things. That's what I really like about being here. You can easily try new things and join these societies. And with the Gulbenkian and a sports center just around the corner it's perfect! Well enjoy this day as I'm going to finish my breakfast. I have to return a book, someone reserved it, so I'll be at the library again at one point. today. See ya!

No comments: