Friday 14 March 2008

I Thought I Got Rid Of Him

I woke up around half past 9 in the morning, so you can imagine I was still feeling tired. I went to bed at 3 am after Veronique's party where I stayed until 2. So yesterday was my first day back again. It's so strange right now. I feel that most of the time I'm not really aware of where I am. It doesn't really get through to me. But when you travel back to The Netherlands and just be there for two days, you can't help but feel a bit strange. One time I'm sleeping at my brother's place and only some hours later I'm in the underground of London. Right now imagining myself sitting in the plane or being back at home at my parents' house seems almost unreal or not even possible. It's hard to realize that you can actually be in all those places during such a short amount of time. It's almost a bit scary, because your mind just doesn't seem to understand. But I'm back and life just goes on from where I left it, meaning circuits training and working on essays. I didn't leave the house until some minutes before 6 to go to the training. There was no use to work before either. I was feeling too tired still and just needed some rest. Everyone at home was happy to see me again and I told them about my travels. Heidi was also at the circuits this time. She has been having some trouble with her leg, so for a while she couldn't really do sports. But her leg is getting a bit better again so she is able to join the circuits training again. It was tough this time, because the same guy from Monday was doing the training and he is the one who soemtimes wants you to run two times after an excercise instead of just one. I feel the emphasis is more on running and how long you can keep up when he is doing the training. The other times you also have this rowing excercise for your arms, but they didn't have it this time just like last Monday. It's one of my favourites, so I was just a little bit dissapointed about that. There was also something else. As we all had formed groups at excercise two or three I started noticing this guy in our group but at first couldnt really remember where I knew him from, which is very understandable when I'll you who it was. Well, it was Chris, the annoying guy from the British cinema seminar. The guy who almost always wears a tanktop even in winter, is frequently late for class and talks a lot of crap during seminars thinking it's a one on one conversation between him and the seminar leader. The guy really thinks he's amazing and it's so annoying. He's such a show off. It makes me want to puke. During some of the excerices he was making all kind of sounds like, uuuuuurgh! You know, to get himself going a bit more, to give himself that much needed push to pull through. And one time we had to run in our place, everyone, not just our group, and what does he do? He starts boxing, doign some punches. I was like, what are you doing? So pathetic. I can not stand him. And this other guy, a big tall guy who apparently is his friend. Which I can understand because they seem to make the perfect fit, because this guy almost pushed me to the ground when after one excercise we had to run again. He just pushed me to the side with his elbows in a way as saying, make room everyone cause I am coming. Loser. But yeah, they act all tough and stuff, but whereas I don't take any breaks, not even for a sip of water, Chris took one or two and at one point almost before the end started saying to his friend, I'm so tired. Aaaaah, poor guy. You see it's all just an act. I, however, was still going strong. What you need to do is not rush it, but just take your time. Some people, like Chris start really fast when they arrive at the next exercise and then after like 30 seconds he's getting a bit tired already and slows down. But the trick is just to do everything at one pace and then you can easily manage to hold on until the end. Don't overdo it. Personally, I just like to be moving all the time, so i don't care how fast I run, as long as I keep running and don't have to take a break because I was pushing myself too hard. Cause one time we were running from one excercise to the next, which was doing sit-ups, and mr. Chris was already sitting there doing sit-ups when everyone else was still finishing their round across the hall. But anyway, I enjoyed it a lot and afterwards I was really sweaty again which I really like. :) Then I went home to take a shower and eat dinner and at around 8.20 I left to go to the library where I met up with Alice and Marion on the 4th floor. They were already working hard. I joined them and wrote a conclusion and printed my long essay to highlight important things with a marker so I can scrap things and rewrite parts using less words. I have way too many right now. Well, today it's cinema time and I'm going to have lunch at the Gulbenkian with at least Heidi and Marion. Before going to the cinema I will go to the library. Paranoid Park everyone! I'm so ready! :)

No comments: