Friday 14 March 2008

Foxes & Lions



After falling in love with Wolf Parade I'm right now finding myself falling for Fleet Foxes and Ferraby Lionheart. I guess every artist/band with an animal in their name is something I end up liking. I also already love Animal Collective, Panda Bear, Deerhoof, Band Of Horses, Patrick Wolf, Cat Power and of course Arctic Monkeys! So now added to the list can be Fleet Foxes and Ferraby Lionheart. I have fallen in love with both their albums after adding it to my list and playing it on my I-pod. Most of the time it's one track that grabs your attention and makes you pay more attention to the other songs as well, which is what happened with Fleet Foxes and their album Ragged Wood. My Protector happened to be that stand out track. It played on my Winamp player and maybe the second or third time I found myself really liking that one. So I started to listen to it more consciously, which made me listen more carefully to the entire album which I now really love. With Ferraby Lionheart it's just the entire album which has surprised me. I played it a couple of times and yesterday playing it again I was kind of like, oh, are all those songs by him and all from this one album?! It sounds great. I'll definitely listen to Fleet Foxes and mr. Lionheart a lot these upcoming days.

No comments: