Wednesday 19 March 2008

First Seminar In Weeks

So it's going to snow this weekend in The Netherlands, 10 cm?! Well, I checked and I dont think the same will happen in Canterbury. It's pretty cold right now though. Yesterday I had my first seminar in like two weeks. It was really good like always. The only thing was that I missed last week screening and because the seminar got cancelled because Tamar got stuck at Schiphol airport, we discussed the film, 8 Femmes, as well yesterday, together with Belle De Jour. But it wasn't that much of a problem as I already saw 8 Femmes once. But it's too colorful for my taste. But yes it was nice and before that i walked together to the seminar room with a girl who is in my seminar group. I already saw her once when I went into town, she also lives in Parkwood. So I met her on my way to the seminar. She's the first person from a seminar with whom I have really spoken outside the seminar room, so that's cool. Most of the time you only see those people there and that's it. After my seminar I met up at 11.30 with Marion inf ront of the campus shop to go and buy something at the volleyball bake sale which Heidi is part of. Heidi wasn't there as she had to work, but we did buy one of her chcolate muffins and they were really good! I especially loved that there were little pieces of chcolate inside as well. I also bought some sushi and a flapjack, a kind of muesli bar. Then we went to sit somewhere to eat and then went into the library. At 2 we took a break and went to sit downstairs where they have come couches and where there's also the library cafe. I really worked a lot at the library yesterday and was very efficient. But I had to as on Monday I didnt find any time to work, because it was crowded and after the circuits I went to wrap up Alice's presents at Heidi's place and then we went on to surprise Alice. Marion left earlier than me as she wanted to eat something before going to her belly dancing class later that afternoon. I stayed until just some minutes before 6, because I had a meeting with Euan at the Gulebenkian. We have a bit of trouble with the planning of our film. We had to re-schedule again. I know, it has takes us so long already. But next week, Wednesday + Thursday is like our only real chance or we have to do it next term, but Clement then has to return especially for the project as he is going to leave soon just after this term ends. So we have to hurry up. But we'll see what happens. Today there's the drawing session, I cant wait! :-)

No comments: