Wednesday 17 October 2007

Another Happy Day

Woke up way too early yesterday, which didn't make sense as I wasn't planning to go to the library anyway. I had seminar at 2, so instead of going to the library to read I decided to read the text at home. They weren't so long and very easy, so it didn't take me very long to read them. The seminar was very interesting. We spend some time analyzing clips from When The Levees Broke. We had to look at how the documentary provides us viewers with information, how it tries to convince us and what emotions it tries to evoke. In groups of three we had to do this little 'exercise'. I think When The Levees Broke is a very good documentary to analyze, because it uses a lot of interviews and different ways to tell its story. It's really interesting and I felt I've learned a lot by doing the excercise and by looking how others start off going into the analyzation. After the seminar I walked home with Clement who was going to the centre with Claudia and her mentor. When I got home something very cool was waiting for me. After finding out Tamar, our co-ordinator, had sent me an e-mail saying that the European office here in Kent is happy to let me stay for the whole academic year, I got even more happy when I noticed the big package in front of my door. Patricia had been so nice to sign for me as I was not there when they brought it. Because it was very heavy she decided to just sign for me, 'cause else I would have gone all the way downtown to get it, as they weren't going to leave it at the reception. So now I have a webcam, an extra sweater, my jacket for the winter, drop, lots of stroopwafels :), some bread, red beets and my bowl in which i normally eat my muesli. Around 6.30 i went off to the Grimond Building to watch The Third Man. It was the weekly screening of the Film Society, and because I never saw the film on a big screen I really wanted to see it. I only had seen it ocne before and really liked it, especially towards the ending when it becoems very exciting. When I got back home I cooked some cous cous with brocolli and tomatoes. It was pretty crowded in the kitchen as Patricia, Victoria and her friend Come, Farhad and his American friend of which i forgot the name, were all there. It was really nice to have so many people in the kitchen. Some days there's noone and on other days it's filled with people. After eating I went on MSN to look how my webcam worked. It was really nice to see my dad and my mother and Feroz my brother. And really cool that they now could also see and hear me. It has already been 5 weeks since I left. This week will be the 6th. I was also speaking to Alice and later on to Clement. When it already got over 12 pm i decided I really had to go as i was very tired and I actually wanted to go to bed early. But this morning I managed to sleep until 11, so i feel pretty good and well rested. Now I'm going to get to work. Adios!

No comments: