Thursday 11 October 2007

Death Of A Teapot

I don't know how many people are visiting this site, but I sure have a lot of visitors. We're going to reach the 700 and then maybe even 1000. I might start to get some advertisement on the blog and cash in on some money. Yesterday was myw eekly day off. I ran with Clement in the morning and then we walked together to the library and studied on the thirs floor. After that Clement ate his salad which he had prepared as his lunch. I didn't eat anything, because I had already eaten so much muesli in the morning that I felt like I had eaten for all the rest of they day, though I did have dinner of course. Then we went to one of the English lessons. They're for free and you just had to sign up for them online. We went to the grammar lesson and when we walked in, to our surprise both Alice and Marion were there as well. Marion and I only stayed for the grammar lesson, which wasn't all that interesting. Instead of learning us stuff that we didn't already know and that really adds something to our knowledge, our teacher begins from the very beginning, the real basic stuff. And she kept speaking about the infinite verb, but noone really knew what exactly it was. I guess everyone understands it and knows in which cases the verb is infinitie, but noone really knew the term, which I never used at secondary school either. But most of the time once you start giving names to all the tenses and stuff, like present continuous, i get confused. I just write and speak without thinking about the time. So after an hour Marion and I went back to the library, while Alice and Clement stayed for the course about listening and note taking, which was very helpful Clement told me, which makes me very happy. 'Cause it's nice when a course like that really makes things more clear and makes you understand things better. I stayed in the library a little longer than I have been over the last couple of days. The thing is that once I get home I turn on my pc, I cook, do dishes and stuff, but don't have any time to work. Or actually I do have time, but obviously i spend it on other things. When I came home I broke my teapot when doing the dishes. :( So not cool, so now I have to make mutiple cups of tea. Like i did just now. I'm the only one at my hosue right now by the way, so.....I can do whatever I like :D In the evening I decided to watch a movie Rois Et Reine, which Clement had lent me together with Last Days a couple of days ago. The only problem was that it didn't have subtitles, so then I decided to bring it back and maybe take some other DVd with me, but apparently Marion still has My Own Private Idaho from Gus Van Sant, which i only saw parts of when it came on TV when I was younger, but which I have never seen since then. So i went to Clement's place where it's always very crowded in the kitchen. I also brought him his special issue of Cahiers Du Cinema, about Bergman and Antonioni. Later that evening Ayna (don't know if spelled correctly) spilled some wine on the table and also a bit on the issue of Cahiers du Cinema. I felt so sorry for him, because I know how much he loved that edition. But of course he didn't get mad, which I can totally understand, I wouldn't be either. Because even though it means so much to him, at the end of the day, you know, it's not that important and he will get over it. It would be the same for me, I couldn't get mad about a thing like that either. It was an accident, so, Ayna couldn't help it. So I was actually meant to watch Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. I have the DVD with me and only saw the movie once, but a downloaded version, so it's time that I see it again. But instead I ended up staying in their kitchen while everyone in the house went totally insane. But it was fun and I enjoyed myself. But should I really believe that it doesn't get crazy like this every night in that house? Hmm, I'm not sure. Simone, their neighbour came to tell me about how at night she sometimes still heard them and they kept her up during the night. But no, of course it won't be like this every evening.....right?

No comments: