Monday 8 October 2007

A Lovely Evening

Like some others here i know now that i also dream in English. I woke up early in the morning with part of the dream still in my head. I was somwhere togetehr with Marion and Clement and there was a guy and he told us he was from Denmark and I'm 100% sure he told me that in English, so there's my proof. I dream in English as well. Yesterday evening I had a lovely time talking to Marion and Alice at Woodys. I only had a glass of water, because I didn't feel like drinking a coke or anythign else. But we talked about death, about David Lynch, downloading, about our shoes and so much more. It was really fun and a nice conversation. By the way, I haven't been chosen for the play. I'm not surprised and I know it's not nice of me to think that way, but it's ncie to know that the girl i did my audition with on Friday also didn't get chosen. But I'm not at all dissapointed. it would have bene a cool thing to be able to say: yes, I'm through, i'm going to be in this play, i made it! But to be honest i rather do a different play than this one. The text from my first audition was nice, but the nly thing I didn't like about it was that everything is taking place on the telephone. And the play from Friday just wasn't interesting and added to that was also that i felt there was no chemistry at all between me and Lucy, the girl i had to do the scene with. i don't know but I really didn't like her. She seemed to be a bit stuck up and I felt she thought pretty highly of herself. But i knew the audition didn't went really good and I was not going to be chosen. One thing that made that very clear already on Friday was the moment when we had done the scene twice and our 'director' Shamira, told me I could leave. Lucy however had to stay, because so Shamira explained to me, the girls have to do a monologue as well. But Shamira is a lying b*tch. :) Because I came pretty early, like 15 minutes until my audition started. And I so happened to see the two people coming out of the room who did the audition before me. First i saw the guy. And as he passed by me I looked at the paper in his hand and saw how much text was on it, i saw the proportions. Then right after came Gillian, the girl i had done the first audition with. She also with the same paper. So when Shamira asked me to leave and handed a paper to Lucy, I looked at the paper and it was the same as the one which the boy and Gillian had in their hands when they came out of the room. So she was lying to me when she explained that only the girls had to do the monologue. So i knew what this meant right then. Or she thought I was so good that she made up her mind right there and thought i don't have to see more of him, i already want him for the role. Or, she knew already that she wasn't going to choose me, so why let me stay any longer. Just throw him out. But overall i think the whole audition was a bit stupid. Because the play consists of three separate plays, all between a girl and a boy. So when you organise an audition you have to look for a boy and a girl who could play one of the three different roles. And in order to find out who is suited for the part you should give them three different scenes of the three different texts, that is, if you realy want to know who fits best into which role. So on my first audition I liked the scene, even though as a whole I wasn't too fond of the text. But it gave me real substance to work with. The second time the text was totally different and i didn't like it at all and it clearly wasn't suited for me. But that was it. End of the audition. So Shamira doesn't know if I would have ever fitted into the male role of the third text. It also would have been way better to just stick to the text of the first auditiona nd let us do another extract from that play, instead of giving us something completely different. Cause now I've actually done two different auditions, for two different roles and clearly for the male role of the first one I stood a chance, because based on that audition she let me go to the next round. But anyway, enough about the audition. During the afternoon I went to the centre with Clement to go to Tesco and do some grocery shopping. I spend 17 pounds, which isn't that much. I always just buy the essential things like bread, drinks, vegetables, muesli etc. And it's for the whole week or longer even. So more than enough. Then we went to café Rouge to have a cappuccino and afterwards I went home again put some vegetables from the freezer in the microwave and cut a red paprika, which i warmed a bit in the microwave as well to get it more soft. I bought some vegetarian sushi for 99 pence. So those I ate with the vegetables which was really nice. Then I went to watch the first part of Our Daily Bread. a documentary about the food industry that i might be using for my presentation and essay for the course Documentary Film. And at 9 I received a message from Alice asking me if I wanted to come and drink somethign with her and Marion. So i went and then we had this awesome conversation and I ended up having a lovely evening. I started writing this post this morning but had to leave for class so I'm finishing it right now (3pm). And I'm very happy, because our radiator finally works. Patricia, my housemate, went to the reception on Saturday to say that our radiator still didn't work, but now it does! A man came to fix it. So I don't have to sit in the kitchen anymore to read my texts. It's no nice and warm in my room. Patricia was already joking that we should throw a Hawaiian party now that we can turn up the heat in our house. :)

No comments: