Monday 22 October 2007

Sayyyyy: stroopwafel!

Yesterday has been a very productive day. I worked a lot on my essay and have to admit that I think I have almost finished it. At least, I have everything written down. Now I have to only read some more books and maybe watch the movies I'm analyzing again, to see if my assumptions and writings are correct. I also went to the library, but just to bring back two books I borrowed. It's a pity cause there are a lot of interesting books, but once I borrow them I have no time at all to read them, so then I think, what's the use in keeping them, just return them before it's too late. Afterwards I went by the shop on campus to get some cheese and then went back home to Park Wood. Marion sent me an e-mail to let me know that we would meet in Alice's house to eat together in her kitchen. Clément came as well of course and Cecilia, Alice's only cool housemate, was there as well. We ate spaghetti with olives, very, very nice and then also had some carrots which Alice cooked in some wine Clément had brought with him last time we were together in Alice's kitchen, some salad Clément brought with him and some bread. I always like it to eat together, it's more fun than when I eat at my own house. It's also much better than going to most parties where you end up standing outside talking to people, but not really. And the people you would like to talk to most are spread out in the garden talking to other people or standing in the kitchen preparing things. So I very much prefer our meetings where we just eat together around the table, just talk and have fun. It's so much better and a million times nicer. Because my mum sent me a lot of stroopwafels, the typical Dutch cookies, I took them with me so everyone could have a taste. And just like I expected, they all liked them very much. So when there were only some left Alice said, we're definitely going to finish those, we don't have to worry about that. Next time I will bring with me the hagelslag to see how much they will like that. Now I will have to go to today's lecture of Documentary Film. I will add some more pictures later on today.

No comments: