Friday 26 October 2007

Like A Friday

I don't think I ever made so many drawings on my note pad. The lecture from yesterday was ridiculous. Of course Keith our prof was reading again, but it wasn;t even interesting or of any importance. For a while he kept talking about different studios, what films came out and of which of those were succesful. And you could hear everyone in the room was kind of thinking like: what am I doing here? Because after a while the silence faded away and you started to hear people twisting on their chairs and crunching of paper. But the film was even worse. I think I actually slept for some minutes but then woke up again. At one point everyone started laughing and Clément asked me what was said, becasue he had not understood. But I was not paying any attention to the movie and I think the laughing actually woke me up. So i had to excuse myself for not knowing what had been said either. But Clément thought the film was boring as well, so it wasn't such a problem. Alice and Nicholas didn't like the film either and we can't understand that Keith is so happy about this film. And on the movie poster it said that it was the best gangster film after The Godfather. But I can definitely tell you, it's not. Sorry to say it, but you British don't have a 'cinema' . It's just crap. the only type of flms they're kind of good at are the ones that show the social climate and are stories about 'real people'. After the lecture Alice, Clément and I all went back home. I was thinking about going to the library to watch maybe a documentary, but after seeing the film I just needed to clear my mind. It's really awful, because today i have the seminar and I already know it's going to be boring. And of course the one gu and girl will speak the whole seminar as if they are having a private conversation. Later that night Alice and Marion came to pick me up to go to Jan's birthday party. He's now 23 years old. He lives at number 10, also in Grimshill, so it's just very close to my house. After leaving our jackets at his room we went to Heidi, because Alice had to help her to book for our little holiday in London this december. She's coming afterall. Jan's coming as well. So it's going to be really fun. I have to say I'm not too fond of these kind of parties were there are a lot of people and you end up standing outside in the cold. And for me it's no use really, because I always keep talking to the people I know. ometimes I speak to some new people, but only fr a short while, because I don't feel the need to really get to know new people, because I already have people I always hang out with. So I don't need no other connections, even though someone from New York or Australia would be cool. Then I could come over this summer and stay at their place without having to pay for an expensive hotel room. I didn't stay too long at the party, because I was tired. So around 23.30 I left. Mys eminar is at 2 today so i still have lots of time. Have a nice day everyone!

No comments: