Thursday 4 October 2007

Run Forrest, Run!

I just came back from running with Alice, Claudia and Clement. We ran for a little more than 30 minutes maybe, but it was really good. We left around 8.3o. The weather was perfect to run and still is. And everything looks so calm in the morning, people getting ready for work, some students were already walking to go to their lectures. And after the running I took a quick shower and now I'm here in front of my laptop. Yesterday was my day off. i had breakfast together with Victoria, who was eating some toasted bread with honey and I ate some muesli with milk. Then I went to the library and before I went in I was caught by my back by Alice whow as walking behind me, but whom i had not heard, because I was listening to my Ipod. At the fourth floor we met Marion who was already busy studying and I also started to read the texts for British Cinema. The two texts i needed to read for today and tomorrow I have already finished, so i'm not sure what exactly it is that I'm going to do when I go to the library this morning. Around 12.15 I went to Rutherford College together with Clement and Alice to get our Learning Agreements signed by our co-ordinator, Tamar. Nicholas was there as well and I also asked Tamar about extending my stay. So she will go and ask around for some information. Then we went to eat in front of the Gulbenkian cinema, after doing some shopping in the little supermarket on campus. I bought a drink, which wasn't very nice and a muesli bar, which tasted really good. I brought my own bread, so I didn't have to buy that. Marion came to sit outside with us as well and the sun was shining a bit and felt very warm on our skin. Finally, after days of rain, the weather was good again. After a while we went back to the library where I read the second text and then I went home with Alice, while Marion went to Rutherford and Clement was busy in the computerroom using the internet. I cooked slome rice and vegetables and put two egg rolls or sprong rolls in the oven. At 8 pm I went to Alice's house. Jan and Sandra were there as well, besides Clement, Marion and me. i had already eaten, so I only took some vegetables and crackers and some fruit afterwards. Alice went to get us some card and then we played a couple of rounds. I'm not sure if I ever played the game, but translated from German it is called 'asshole'. I don't know why, but it's a cool game. Who wins is the president and who comes in second the secretray. Goal is to get rid of your cards as quickly as possible. It was fun, but Alice and me who had never played the game before kept losing. I only came in third once, but that was my only time. Maybe next time I have more luckl, since I now know how to play the game. :)

No comments: