Tuesday 2 October 2007

No Audition, Not Yet

Apparently our lecture of Documentary Film starts at 10 am and not 9, even though our timetable says otherwise. For that reason we were an hour to early. But no panic, just go and drink a cappuccino in the library cafe and afterwards go back to follow the lecture. So that's what we did. Our lecture was kind of the same as last week. Again Elizabeth touched upon a lot of different things, but still the main theme of the lecture was storytelling. But there's a lot you have to pay attention to when analyzing a documentary. I sometimes found it difficult to really understand the examples she gave. At times the clips weren't that clear or the clip was just too short to really say something of importance about them. The lecture took til around 1 pm and afterwards I went to the library. It was so crowded that i thought it would be better to just go home, noticing that the fourth floor where we usually come to study was already filled with lots of students. Together with Alice I walked back to Park Wood. i wasn't sure if I would come back for a lecture about photography which Clement told me about and sounded very interesting. But because I didn't feel like studying, I decided to go back. i also didn't mind about the rain, 'cause the last couple of days we have been experiencing the real English weather. At first I was lost. i knew it was in Rutherford, but had no idea where the lecture rooms were. i tried to send Clement a message, but he didn't respond so i then decided to go back to Park Wood as I had no idea where it was. But then as i came outside I saw Clement and Claudia walk towards me. And so together with them I went to the lecture. Claudia, Anne and Hanna all have taken the course. Clement was supposed to do the course, but then decided to do British Cinema instead. I will maybe go and try to follow a lecture of creating writing as well. But the lecture was very interesting and way betetr than documentary film. It's about photography, but also paintings and a bit of cinema. I'm not sure if i come back next week or even today, as I still kind of feel like an intruder, since it's not my course and the lecture room is kind of small. When the lecture was over I went to drink a cappuccino in the Gulbenkian cafe together with Claudia and Clement. We were supposed to go to our audition, so after our coffe wee got ourseleves ready. Claudia was goign to check out the writing part of the Film society and later on was going to attend a meeting for basketball. The audition was in Eliot college, seminar room 1, to be precise. In the corridor there weren't many people. Just two girls that were chatting, no idea if they also came for the audition. After standing outside for a while we decided to walk into the room to see what we were supposed to do. When we mentioned our names, the girl who directs the whole thing, recognized our names from one of the lists and asked us if we weren't supposed to come on Tuesday. We then told about the e-mail we received which said we were supposed to come on Monday, so we came. But it turned out to be a mistake and because they told us if we would come on Tuesday there would be more time, we decided to wait until Tuesday, which is today. So this evening we go back and will see what happens. But later on that evening I went to Woody's to drink something with Jan and Clement. Alice and Fabian were already there so we joined them. Right now I'm going to the library to do my reading. And tonight is the big night. I'll let you know how it went.

No comments: