Friday 19 October 2007

Don't Look Ever

Yesterday has been quite busy. I didn't end up going to boxing class, as it would have been too much, but I still went to the movie meeting which was very interesting. Our film will become so great if we manage to get it right, just exactly the way we want. I started by going to the library in the morning. I expected to see Marion, because she told she would be there as well, but I didn't manage to find her and because I don't have any credit anymore on my mobile phone, I try not to send text messages or call. It's strange, cause I never thought it would happen, but it did, and in quite a short amount of time. Because before I came here I my credit was like 150 euros or more even. And now all of that is gone. I know it's more expensive here to call when you don't have an English phone number, but I still think it's a great achievement, especially for someone who never used his phone so much. Right now I really can't live without one anymore, so I will try to get an English number today. I went to the library to read the text for British Cinema we needed to read. The text wasn't that interesting, but i always read the text for the lectures and seminars, just to be prepared a bit. The lecture was a bit more interesting than normally, especially when Keith, that's the name of our professor I found out last night, started to speak about the use of colour in horror movies and showed us some really cool examples. but overall it was the same as every week, meaning he was reading us a bedtime story instead of giving an energetic presentation. We then watched Don't Look Now, which i already saw before just once. I remember I didn't quite like it back then, but I have to say this time I liked it more, even though the ending is still ridiculous and near the end the movie becomes kind of a drag with nothing interesting events taking place. Alice was joking how she wasted two hours of her life watching this crappy movie. They should better change the title from Don't Look Now to Don't Look Ever. Because the film builds up to something that isn't there. You end up with this big anti-climax and feel cheated on. Because you think, this is what I get? This is my reward for sitting through this whole film? After the lecture I walked home listening to my Ipod, as Alice had to go to the shop and Clément needed to take money from the cash machine. I didn't do much when I got home, because there wasn't much time. It was almost 6.30 already, which meant I needed to go to the Film society meeting. Upstairs in a seminar room, the three of us, Clément, Euan and i started to discuss our film again and whereas last week we already managed to get our story more clear, this week we really came with terrific ideas and I'm sure we won't have to change a lot anymore, since I'm sure we all agree that what we have right now is really good and really what we want. Next week Euan won't be there, as he will be in Finland giving a short presentation during a conference, lucky him. And the whole flight is paid for. So cool. I wish I could go there. So after the meeting Clément and I got to Alice's upper-class mansion to have dinner together. Marion joined us, as well as Cecilia, one of Alice's housemates. And to Alice's great pleasure one of her British housemates joined us, which marked the first time of them having dinner together. The other British guy had to leave, but because he doesn't speak very clear anyway, it wasn't such a problem he left. I did understand what he said though, but the others didn't, what I can quite understand. He needs to articulate more. It was cool that the other housemate at least tried to show some interest, but he also had to go and meet up with friends later on, so eventually they both left. I understand why Alice maybe wants to switch rooms, since on Sandra's floor, there's one room that isn't used right now. At my house it's very different. We talk a lot. And it's so normal in my house that, I believe it was on Wednesday, I wasn't even aware that Patricia and I had dinner together, because in my house, as it should be in every house, it is just really normal to end up eating together when you are preparing your evening meal at the same time. The only one who still prefers eating in her room, even when the kitchen if full with people, which gives you the opportunity to eat together, is Liz. But yeah, she has to know for herself, if that is what she wants. We were supposed to watch Brief Encounter, but because it was already past 10 pm and everyone was a bit tired, we decided to just go home. Alice made great risotto. It always tastes so good. I could eat it everyday. I love rice, so risotto is a real treat. Today i have my seminar at 2, so i still have some time to work on my essay and drink some tea. Yesterday was a really nice day, i enjoyed it a lot.

No comments: