Wednesday 24 October 2007

I Guess It's Official Now

I said a lot during yesterday's seminar, which makes me very happy and proud. We even had to work in groups of four or three a bit to talk about a certain part of the documentary The Thin Blue Line. I was only with British students. Alice, Nicholas and Clément sat next to each other and therefore formed a group of three, without a British student. Normally I sit with them, but I was a bit late or, actually, when I walked in they had just passed round the paper everyone needs to sign to have proof of your attendance. So i wasn't really late, 'cause they had not yet started. But that's how I ended up at the other side of the room. And the weird thing was that none of the students I was with felt like being the 'spokeperson' of our group. So when Elizabeth asked us, the first group what our thoughts were, I just started to speak, because after a little bit of silence, I knew the others weren't going to speak and because I was already the one who had spoken the most when we discussed the clip together, it wasn't that strange that I put myself on the forefront. But like last week the seminarw as really nice and the documentary we saw, The Thin Blue Line, is just really interesting. I never really been into documentaries much. I highly prefer fiction over documentary. But when it comes to analyzing, I think documentaries can be more interesting. Afterwards I went to the Eurpean Office, after briefly talking outside the Grimond Building to Alice and Clément. At the European Office, Brechje gave me proof that I am staying for the whole year. In my record it says right now that I'm staying until June the 13th. So I guess it's pretyy official now. Today i'm going to take the paper with me when i go by the accommodation office to ask if I can stay in the room i live right now or that I maybe have to move. Hopefully not, because I like my housemates and I don't want to leave them and have to live with other people. In the library I stumbled upon a book that is pretty useful for my essay, so i'm happy I found one. until know I only made real use of one book and two others, but my main source was only one. So now I have another one, which is good. I'm actually already finished. I just have to add some things, make sure I haven't used too many words etc. At home I read in the book a bit and typed some things on my computer. Then later on Marion gave me a link to a French radio station who were going to play a recording of a concert from The National, who were playing in Bretagne. Marion told me this concert was the one that made her discover them, so it was pretty emotional for her to listen to it again. But it was really good. I love it when you hear the crowd in the background. So if this was already this good, i can only imaine how it will be when we wills ee them live, because we're going on the 7th of November. They will play in London. It's so cool to be here, because so many bands come to London to do some gigs. Most of them are already sold out, so we have to pay close attention, because after December I'm sure there will be a lot more interesting concerts. So we have to make sure we can get ourselves soms tickets. Today is my day off. I'm going to work a lot today, first at home and in the afternoon i will go to the library to read and maybe watch a documentary I would like to write about. But first brush my teeth and take a shower. :)

No comments: