Saturday 20 October 2007

Not So Amazing

I didn't like our seminar yesterday. It was quite dissapointing, especially after Alice and I received an e-mail by Clément about how amazing he thought his seminar had been and what a beautiful day it was. The thing is that we didn't have our seminar by our usual 'teacher', Keith. Apparently he had more important things to do so we were left with his replacement. An American guy who looks as if he could have been Keith's brother, because of the same red hair. Of course the guy and the girl I have mentioned before couldn't keep their mouths shut. I don't really mind about the girl, but the guy is just there to act all funny, or at least he thinks he is. I don't like him at all and Alice either. I just don't get him. He really thinks he's all that. Walking in the class room late with his sunglasses on, trying to look all important. And sometimes on the day of the lecture he walks in wearing nothing than a tanktop. And I'm thinking, go wear some normal clothes. Get yourself a T-shirt or sweater, at least something different than a tanktop. So stupid. And you know that he just wears it to draw attention to himself, because everyone would find it ridiculous to just wear a tanktop, especially when you go to your lecture and it's freezing cold outside. Come on, you're not on the f*ing beach! I'm sure he thinks so highly of himself. of course I don't know him, he probably is a really normal guy and maybe even nice, but I don't care, it's his own fault, he should just change his appearance if he wants to be taken seriously. But the thing that struck me the most was when last night when i was with Alice and Marion at Woody's, Alice actually said that she thought he actually looked pretty good and she already checked him out form top to bottom. And I was thinking noooooo, please don't tell me that even though he act's all tough and stuff, you don't actually think that besides all that he does actually look nice. Nooo, come on, that makes it even worse. But i can't stand him. Witht he girl i have no problem. She is actually really nice and she turns out to be the president of the film society, which explains why she was there when I went to go watch The Third Man. She had arranged everything. I don't know, but she's nice and she desn't try to be funny. 'Cause yesterday we were looking at trailers of horror films. There was this whole list and after watching one the guy said, hmmm that last one looks pretty interesting, i would like to see it. And what does our stupid teacher do, he actually shows it, just because our stupid boy asked for it. What the...?! Can't stand him, really. Who i really like though is this other girl who also speaks quite a lot, but she makes herself less noticeable than the other two. But i really like her, because she always says interesting things. She is really sharp, she comes up with stuff that i had not thought of before. It's so good listen to her. I actually really learn something from her. She is cool and I think that she also has a good sense of humour. But the boy, blaaaaaah. Can not stand him. I'm so happy he's only in our British Cinema lecture and he doesn't do Documentary Film. he would ruin the whole course. So no, my seminar was far from amazing. At the end, when we came to the most interesting bit, I was already too tired to pay any real attention. And I so hated the questions our replacement teacher asked. 'Cause he started by asking if we could notice any improvement, any changes from the old Hammer horror movies and the new horror movies that are made in Britain. But he was asking this without ever wndering about if some of us had even seen any Hammer films. And when he finally thought, hmmm, let's ask if they have seen any, it turned out only one or two people did. Just so stupid. How are we able to compare these films if we have never seen all the old ones. But no, he just expected we had all seen them. Ridiculous. I thought he was so bad. Didn't like him either. I'm not really fond of Keith, but this guy is even worse. After the seminar I walked back to Park Wood with Alice. Alice went home, but I didn't. Instead I took the University bus to go downtown to get myself an English phonenumber. I found one, I was very happy, and it seems to work. I also went to Tesco to do some shopping, but not that much, because i already have enough to eat. I really liked to be in the center again. I didn't realize I needed to go out. Because whn i got there I felt so nice. It was so good to be away from campus and everything. So I'm really glad i went. And I like to go by myself. Of course I brought my ipod with me, so I listened to my music while choosing which muesli to buy and which drinks. I spend quite a lot of time at Tesco. I didn't want to spend too much and I had only 7 pounds left. Eventually I had to pay something like 5,50. But every time I;m there I take a lot of time to choose whether to buy the cheapest products or spend a bit more for soemthing of a bit more quality. 'Cause last time I bought some drinks. You could buy three packages of juice and only had to pay for two. But the drinks were soooo sweet. So this time I made sure i choose different drinks. Still 3 for te price of 2, but I went with regular orange juice. At home I made cous cous. The only problem was that i put too much water. First i didn't put enough, so i decided to add some, but then it was too much. I wasn't able to save my cous cous anymore, so i decided to just throw it into the pan in which I was cooking the corn with tomatoes. It still tasted good, but next time I shall pay more attention to how much water I need to add. Fir the second time this week, by the way, i found myself having dinner with Patricia. She always eats a salad as dinner, but for lunch she has things like rice or beans with vegetables. But I always like to talk to her and we always have lots of things to talk about. She later on went to a party, but it was a costume party and she didn't have any real costumes, so she wasn't sure what to wear. I;m not sure she eventually wore her strawberry coloured shirt to pretend to be dressed as a strawberry or just wore her basketball shirt to pretend to be a basketball player. But she probably just put on a nice dress. Because we didn't have any real plans, Alice, Marion and I decided to have a drink at Woody's. Clément wasn't in the mood to go out anymore, so he stayed home. But it was really cool at Woody's, as always. Always a pleasure to talk to the two girls. I of course drank only water, because it's for free. And really, I don't need to drink anything else. I could order a coke or a beer, but at the end it's all the same to me. drink is a drink, i don't really care what it is, so then why not just have a glass of water which is totally free. Today is my off day. I woke up, watched Blue Velvet, awesome film, have to take a shower now (I know, it's already late in the afternoon) and then i will work on my essay and et the vacuum cleaner to tidy up my room. Have a nice Saturday!

No comments: