Sunday 28 October 2007

Ring Ring Goes The Telephone

I was just about to go to bed when the telephonr rang. Besides our own mobile phones every house has a telephone. But i have never used it before since I'm not sure what the telephone numbers of every house are. There's a list which seems to be the list with all the numbers, but ';m not sure. I never tried. But we often get called and most of the time, or always actually, it's for Patricia. So it was just around half past 12 when all of a sudden the telehpne rang. So I went to pick up. I'm like yes, hello, expecting the call to be for Patricia, when all of a suddent his guy asks me do you want free tickets for The Venue. I'm kind of like, what? And he's like, I have some tickets you can have them, i will give them to you for free. So i'm thinking, well okay, are they for tonight. No, no, for the entire week. Right. So I say if you want to bring them over, why not just throw them through our mailbox. And he's like yeah yeah. So at this point I took him to be quite serious, but I thought I don't need those tickets, really, but at the same time I was a bit confused why he would just give these tickets away. So I wasnt sure what this was all about. But then he went on saying, I'll send some girls over as well, would you like that, but they're all sluts. So then i was like, okay, is this going to be one of those calls. So I'm like yeah, whatever, bring them over. And he's like, yeah one of them is this brunette with really big tits. So I'm like, fine. And then he says something like, what about a cow? And I tell him, you mean a real cow, or just one of your sluts that look likes a cow. But he;s like, no a real cow. Rupert. So i tell him why not. And he's asking, where do you live. So i say 16, Grimshill. And he, okay, well i send them to you, what's your name. Danilo. Your from Greece? No, The Netherlands. Ah, okay. But you know a cow right, with horns and stuff. Yeah, i know what you mean. And then he's like, what about, what's the animal called...? And on the background you can hear all these sounds. It wasn't like he was at a big party or anything, because you could hear him very clearly. But the stupid thing was that you could hear his friends go whisper: hipposaurus, hipposaurus! So apparently they're all sitting around the telephone listening while this one guy tries to pull this prank. But he goes on, a hipposaurus, do you want one as well. You know what it is right, a hippo. I'm like hyeah. Well bring that one over together with the sluts and the cow. And what do you think about crocodiles. Have nothing against them. You want one too? Why not, if I don't like the sluts I can feed them to the crocodile. He and his friends in the bachground laughing. You like to lick their balls? Yes, I do. You know, i just went along. So he's like great, great, we're like two peas in a pod. Apparently, yes. And then he used some British slang word for fuck. And asked if I would like to fuck the crocodile for two hours. So i'm like, well that's pretty long. He and his friends all laughing. So what about one then? Well, I can try. Again his friends laughing, student humour you know. By then we kind of reached the end of our conversation. So he's like well i will bring them to you and then he said, like hey mate, you've been a good sport. And I'm like, well, yeah, cool. Have a good evening. yeah you too. Cheers! Bye mate! And that was it. Ten minutes of my life wasted. Some people would have probably just hung up, but I can appreciate those calls, the effort, you know. And I don't know, but it's fun and silly. So why not play along and see what we end up with. But these guys really had nothing to do, just calling to our house for some weird conversation if you can even call it a conversation. But it was cool, i enjoyed it very much. So thatw as late at night. The rest of my day i spend working on my essay. i re-read the whole thing and scrapped a lot of words so now I'm finished. Then I went to town to do some shopping at Tesco. I spent 16.55. I did pretty good. I decided to spend just a bit more. Bought some bagels, vegetarian sushi, bananas, tomato soup, cherry tomatoes, plum jam, orange juice, bread, muesli (I'm addicted), naan bread (love it)...oh what a b*tch. I just notice. That's so not fair! I have the receipt lying next to me right here. I'll explain. You can buy four bagels for 99 cents. Well i did, but what happened. I bought three onion ones and one 'multi' bagel. There was only one 'multi' bagel so why not add that one as well. But apparently, because they are not all onion bagels, so not all four of them, i have to pay for them separately, 30 pence each, so no discount of 4 for 99! That's not cool. So in order to get the discount I have to buy bagels, all of one kind, even if the reduction counts for both. The multi bagels would also get you the discount. But apperently it doesn't count once you mix them! That's really not nice. Well, next time I know, but that aint cool. Well, what i really like though, is that you have this rack full of products that are about to reach their expiration date. So all of those products they put together and give some big discount. So i bought some apples and mushrooms. The apples normally would have cost me 1.48, but now just 90 pence. The mushrooms were only 48. So that's really nice. I really like to do my shopping choosing what to eat every week. I do always have a problem with the many choices we have though. If you just look at how many products there are in a supermarket, and not just this one, but all of them. Everywhere it's the same. It's crazy when you think about it. Especially when you realize that there are people out there, not even that far from our homes, that have nothing, or just a bit of rice or something. And what do we have, chocolate cookies. And not just chocolate cookies. But no chocolate cookies with nuts, with extra chocolate, small, big, cheap expensive. And not just one brand of the same cookies, no dozens of them. So then you think, why so many, why not just one. But of course I know, economy, it;s just the business. It's just how this world works whether you like it or not. But at the end of the day, it's just stupid. Especially when you think about the fact that we don't need chocolate cookies. We really don't. We don't need crisps or any other stupid snack. Those are just for us greedy people who got tired of eating another one of those apples after a while or another carrot. No, we want soemthing else. we're bored with eating the same thing. So there came the candy and all the other stuff. the coca-cola's and the pepsi's. Just because we got tired of them, which turned us into the ideal market for all those producers to cash in on some big money. But we are already so many years further that it would be impossible (but hopefully not) to turn back time, and start all over again. So no, i don't blame you if you buy all those things. I have nothing against it. And of course you're right. So many choices, you have the money, go spend it, go enjoy. One of those key words in life: enjoy, enjoy! That little kid out there wth nothing to eat would probably not even mind. He woild probably day, go for it! Of course. He would have done the same. You have all those things, eat them, enjoy them. Don't let them go to waste. Because you can either say, i;m not going to buy any of those things, because it's so sad for the little kid who has nothing. But then all those products. You would just let them rot away? Then it would be no use. So one the one hand you can say, go eat them, do it for that kid who can't enjoy it. Enjoy allt hsoe things for him. or you can say, like I do, I don't buy all those cookies, I don't need them. I just buy the things I need of which they also have dozens of different variations and brands. So there are always to choices, to options, and for both you can come up with arguments that are inf avour of both. It's like the H&M, whether they produce their products with child labour or not. You can either way the clothes and say, good, if this is made by little kids in small factories, poor little kids, but at least they haven't done all that hard work for nothing, because I will buy them. You can go and say, I won't buy them, but then they would have done all the hard work for nothing. And yeah, child labour is maybe wrong, but they do sometimes earn that little extra money that gets their family through. Without it they wouldn't survive. And even if you would put a ban on child labour, those kids would probably still go, because they need the money. So you can keep buying the close or you don't. You dont, and you say, i'm against child labour. I'm not buying any of the clothes that are made by children, to hopefully make it stop. It's a great thing to strive for, but chances are little you will make the difference. People will keep buying. They won't stop. That's not how it goes. So at the end, no, it;s not so bad if you buy those clothes, but of course it would be better if you didn't. If we all didn't. And I guess it;s the same with supermarket. But anyway... :) I also went to Wilkinson and got myself a new teapot! And I did some things that I can not yet talk about. When i got home I ate the sushi with a bagel pasta, the round things, no gnocchi, but other ones. (just came back from Wikipedia) Tortellini! Yeah, those I bought. And they were nice. But I have some left, because altogether it was a bit too much. Later on i spent my time in the kitchen. Sometimes I'm busy doing something in my room, but then get a drink and before I know it I end up talking to Patricia and Farhad in the kitchen. And that's what happened yesterday. So I decided to put my laptop in the kitchen, so we would have some music. Too bad there's no internet access once in the kitchen, but so be it. Farhad was cooking and I put some footnotes in my essay after doing the dishes. But we just chatted like we always do. And Patricia had dinner with Marie, one of her friends and Farhad also, but I forgot the name of his friend, I'm so sorry. I always feel so bad when that happens. But we had a nice evening, talking about how many people live in some cities like Madrid and Istanbul and Cairo. And we also talked about whether or not there is any real difference from the Spanish that is spoken in Spain and some countries in South America. But the girls said there isn't really. Only some slang words, but that's just normal in every country. But it was realy cool. I like those evenings in my kitchen. And then later on back to my pc and to bed when i received the phone call. I couldn't sleep last night. Only slept for real for three hours maybe, after that I was just lying in my bed, eyes closed, trying to sleep, but not able to. So then i said to myself, why try, just wake up. Your day apparently has already started. Wake up. And that's what i did.

No comments: