Saturday 27 October 2007

My Life Is Good

Yesterday turned out to be a really nice day actually. Knowing I had the seminar of British Cinema, I expected my day to suck, but it didn't. The seminar wasn't that bad. The blonde annoying guy didn't show up, which was a big plus. And for the first time I felt Keith found the things that i said pretty interesting and quite important. So I was happy that what i said made a real contribution to the discussion. Alice was pretty happy as well as she before the seminar started had spoken to one of the girls from our seminar, the very smart one with a good sense of humour. Afterwards Alice went to town to do some shopping at Tesco's, because her fridge was completely empty, which is partly my fault, because we keep having dinner at Alice's place. So next time I will try to bring a lot of things as well. After getting back to Park Wood and changing my clothes I went to Clements house around 4.45 to go to boxing clas with him and Claudia. I wasn't really in the mood to go, but I'm glad i did because it was very very good. We spend lots of time on our technique, but also did some work out excercises. So yeaterday's class was very well balanced. The professional teacher who usually only comes on Thursday, came to teach us on Fridays as well, for a change. I actually quite like the guy. He comes off as really though and strict, but underneath that whole image, he's actually pretty funny and he helps you really good. He defnitely is a good teacher. 'Cause when you see him you almost feel like running away, because he constantly looks as if he can get all angry all of a sudden and kick your ass. But once you get tos ee more of him, you notice that this impression you get of him is not at all true. For the first time, though, I felt how everyone else is feeling for weeks. Because the guy just can't speak properly. It's like he doesn't finish his words, doesn't use any verbs and he has this weird way of speaking which makes that you don't understand a thing of what he says sometimes. So for the first tiem even i had trouble understanding what soemone says, because normally i hear everything and understand every word. So now I felt like having to use the excuse that i'm an Erasmus student and that's why i don't udnerstand a thing he says. I'm really happy Claudia comes with us nowadays. She told me she did the fencing as well this week and that it was very good and lots of fun. So maybe if I have some time left i well check it out one day as well. There's this other girl in our boxing class who seems like this very though girl, almost a bit manlike, you know, but she is actually very sweet and patient. Claudia was training together with her and was pelasantly surprised of how nice she was. Last time she also helped me and Clement a bit and then i also already noticed how helpful she is. Claudia is such a sweetheart by the way. I can understand why Clement is so fond of her. She is to Clement kind of what my housemate Patricia is to me. Cause like Patricia Claudia is very friendly and funny. Of course I got invited to eat at their place afterwards. Claudia made pasta, which always tastes so good with pesto. I really like pesto. And Clement made some vegetables as well, which he is very good at. Quentin and Fabien joined us as well. And when it turned out I never smoked any joints, even though I study in Amsterdam, prefer not to drink any alcohol or chocolate or other bad things, and don't smoke any cigarettes either, they were quite shocked. But of course you can enjoy life without any of those things. I feel so much better actually, just because i can keep myself from doing all those things. I don't need them and it's fine. Around 22 pm I left the place to go back home and after chatting a bit with Marion about music on MSN and downloading a lot of music, i went to bed. Today I'm going to re-read my essay for British Cinema and make sure I don't have too many words, as well as doing my weekly shopping at Tesco. It's my reading week this week, so no lectures or seminars, just work on my essays and go to the movies, because they will play a lot of good ones this month and also in December. I'm so happy they're going to show Once at the Gulbenkian, it's my most anticipated film of the year. I NEED to fianlly see it, I've been waiting so long already. I have a feeling it will be something like Before Sunrise/Before Sunset. And the songs that they perform in the movie are very nice. It's going to be so amazing seeing that movie, i can just feel it.

No comments: