Monday 1 October 2007

By Myself

Yesterday I took some time for myself. i really needed to do some shopping, so around 11.45 I left the house to go downtown. it was my first time taking the bus all by myself, which was good, because it's important to go alone. But i just felt really comfortable and I actaully really liked being all alone, especially when i got to the centre. It's nice to decide yourself to which shop you wnat to go next. I first went to tesco to do some shopping. I really had nothing left, no bread, no drinks etc. I made a list on a piece of paper of things I needed to buy, just so I wouldn't forget about anything. I bought quite a lot of things and all of that for only 17 pounds, which isn't much. Then afterwards I went to look for some sports clothing, because doing sports in my swimming shorts isn't that much of a problem, but it's better to have like 'real' shorts. So first i went to look in the H&M, but I guess I'd better not to, because when i walk into the H&M, I want to buy everything, because like in Amsterdam, here in the UK, they're also very cheap. So you can buy things sometimes for less than four pounds. And the great thing is, that on the labels they also put the price in euros. So i couldn't resisit and bought three things, but altogether it was less than 20 pounds, so it was alright. But yeah, then I still had to buy sports clothes and eventually I found a sports store where they had sale and the things I bought both were only like 6 pounds each. So now I had done my shopping and went back home. My housemate Victoria was having lunch with a friend of hers, so i decided to join them. I had just bought some bread and I still had some cheese left, so it was a really nice lunch. I also had juice. It was good to have some food again, because I really just had cheese, jam, rice and frozen vegetables for int he microwave. I also bought some muesli, which taste really really good. So tomorrow, i'm going to have those for breakfast. In the afternoon I went to the library. I expected Marion and Heido to still be there, but they had already left. So I read one of the texts by myself and send some messages to meet at the Gulbenkian theatre. I finally got to see Atonement. Alice had seen it already, but she came to watch it for a second time. Marion and Clement were there aslo, as were some of his housemates. The movie was very interesting and I will write something about it on my other blog, if I have some time left. After Atonement I was supposed to go home, but I stayed to watch another one. There was this documentary about Tony Blair, called Taking Liberties. I had seen the trailer and thought it was very interesting. But the thing was, they would only show it once, and last night was just that time. So I could go home and not see it, or stay and watch two movies at the same night. The film was very good, but somewhere near the end when they talked about Guantanamo Bay, i slept a couple of times. My eyes closed, and then i woke up and then they closed again, and I woke up, and so it went on for a couple of times. But i'm glad I stayed to see it, but afterwards I reallyw as exhausted. I don't like it when you're somewhere, besides in your bed, and you can easily fall asleep. Because when I would have been in my bed last night, instead of at the cinema, I'm sure I would have slept like a baby, 'cause I was that tired. But because I wasn't home I couldn't just go and sleep. So when i eventually reached my bed I wasn't that tired anymore. But i still slept alright. And this evening I was supposed to have the audition, or so i thought. It was strange, because both Clement and I received an e-mail saying that they expected us at 6.30 today, but I guess they made a mistake. We both signed up for Tuesday at 8.45, but then later on we received the e-mails aying it was on Monday 6.30. So I thought, maybe there was still some room left and they rather filled that space, instead of having the auditions at Tuesday evening like it was supposed to be. But we went by and they told us they expected us for tomorrow, so they made some mistake I guess. But it was good we already went, because now we know the people are very nice and we have nothing to be afraid of. And they were very happy to see us and seemed very curious to see us auditioning, so tomorrow's going to be fun.

No comments: