Friday 5 October 2007

Exhausted

So yesterday started with us running in the morning. And after taking a shower I went to the library, where to my bis surprise I didn't see anyone that I knew. i expected to see at least maybe Marion, but no even she wasn't there. So i decided just to read by myself. I took some books, because I had already read the texts we were supposed to read for class. They have so many books, especially on film. You can find books about almost every famous director. It's really good. And because I live on campus and spend much time at the library I have more the intention to just go to some book shelves and look through all the books. Around half past 12 I went to the Grimond building to get ready for our lecture about British cinema. It was a good lecture, but very short, just one hour. And our professor gave us a paper with everything he was going to talk about, so his whole powerpoint was outlined on that paper, so therew asn't much to do for us then just sit and sometimes make some notes. Then after that hour we watched the film Saturday Night And Sunday Morning, which was really good and at times very funny. Albert Finney who plays the main character Arthur, was simply perfect for the role. And it's also very cool to see how actors that are now old and whom you'd never seen when they were young, used to look like. I was supposed to go to boxing class with Clement afterwards, but because he had some pain in his hip or waist, he couldn't come with me, so I went by myself. Last Friday the class was really cool, but this time, it was awful. And I don't mean I didn't like it, it was really good, but so hard. Very very exhausting. The things we had to do, not normal. The class took 1 hour and a half, by the way, and not 1 hour as on Friday. And I think we only spend 30 minutes on real boxing, and the rest of the class was spend on warm-ups and this crazy 'game' at the end. i can't belive our teacher called it a game, 'cause games are fun, and this was not at all fun. I felt like I was in boot camp. This is what we had to do. The group was split in two. We had to put some mats on the ground and some benches in front of them. And here it comes, we had to run and jump over the benches and then do sit-ups, push-ups, star jumps, push-ups with clapping in your hand etc., all kind of different variations. But you had to run to the mats, then do like 8 push-ups, run back until you reached a red line on the floor, and then run back again and do like 7 star jumps, then you had to run back again to the red line and then run back again to the benches and do like 4 sit-ups and so on. And that like maybe 20 times or even more. And our teacher just standing there giving instructions. It was so tough. And we had to do it two times. I'm surprised I didn't collapse. But the worst thing is that afterwards when i walked home to park wood I got this pain in my calves. It's like they become very tight. It's so not cool. I had to immediately sit down when i got into the kitchen. It doesn't really hurt, but it kind of like stings, which is very annoying. So after taking another shower, my third one of the day, i went to the film society meeting to talk about making a movie. Clement and I were in the same group together with Euan, a British guy. There are supposed to be more people in our group, but they all weren't there. But Clement and i are very lucky with Euan, because he's very cool and he has some really good ideas and we really got along well and are on the same line. So it's a perfect fit. He studies physics and is in his third year, but he's really interested in film, especially editing and cinematography. And when we have finished our film we might enter it into a real competition if we finish it in time, so that's really really cool. I can't wait to start working on it and see how it ends up looking like. Because I still had to eat and Claudia offered to make some pasta, i ate at Clements house. Claudia went to a basketball training to see if she could get chosen to be on the university team. But it was very hard and some of the girls weren't really nice, so she eventaully decided she rather just joins the basketball team and practice on Sunday to just have fun and without less pressure. But it's good she tried. Trying is always better than not doing anything at all. The pasta was really good and they also made some vegetables which tasted awesome and afterwards Isa showed us some funny videos she found on youtube. Really cool. One of them was this german commercial about wanting to learn English and there's this guy working at a place where they have to help ships get into the harbour, but it's his first day. And he has to speak English, but his English isn't very good. So suddenly he receives a message by one of the ships, saying mayday, mayday, we're sinking. And he with his bad English, replies: What are you thinking about?, pronouncing the thinking as sinking. It's so funny, cause it's something that is so recognizable. It was really really good. Tonight there's a crepes party organized by Veronique and Clement, so i'm going there, after my audition. Anne send an e-mail saying there will also be some Dutch pancakes, which is very nice. I have to say that normally i wouldn't go eat pancakes and stuff, because they aren't really healthy :), but for things like this I will make an exception.

No comments: