Sunday 14 October 2007

We Are Looking For Astronauts, Looking For Astronauts

So yesterday I went to Tesco with Marion after cleaning up my room and working on my essay. I just wrote some things down that I already knew about the subject. I thought it would make it easier for me and make it more clearer to afterwards find books to find out about which parts I need to read more about. We actually were supposed to go together with Clement, but because Marion was starving, because she didn't have anything left to eat, she send us an e-mail around 2pm to ask if it would be possible for us to meet at 3. I, luckily, read the e-mail. If I had not checked my hotmail, I wouldn't have read it, but I did. So I was there at 3 and Marion as well, just Clement wasn't there. But because Marion didn't hear anything from him we decided just to leave, because Marion really needed some food. Me as well because I only ate half of an apple, a banana and a museli bar, cause that was all that I had got left. No bread. First Marion needed to buy something for her hair and maybe some make-up. I first went with her and I msyelf bought some shower lotion from Adidas. Because Marion had to buy soemthing else as well, I already went to Tesco where later on we met again. I'm really proud because I bought everything I needed and all of that for just 12 pounds. Last week I only took like 70 pounds from the cashmachine and I still had 45 left, so I'm doing pretty good trying to live on a budget. After doing all the shopping I went home, ate some bread, which I bought, with jam and then later on went to Marion's house to borrow the DVD from My Own Private Idaho, which she had already finished watching and which I really wanted to see. But as I was there we listened to a lot of music and she showed me some really cool music videos, one of them showing The Arcade Fire playing Neon Bible in a tiny little elevator. It was really cool to watch and it sounded so good. Must have been great to be there. When I left from Marion's house it was already past 7 o' clock. We didn't have any plans yet for the night, so Marion tried to contact Alice via MSN. We then decided to go and meet at Alice's place, drink something together and have our own little private party. Because Clement wasn't online we decided to go to his house, but there was noone at home. Turned out Clement was still in the centre waiting for the bus as he had done his shopping without us, because he didn't read the e-mail and we already went. Because I didn't have dinner yet, I left home to cook and later on at half past 8 I would go to Alice's place to meet the group. I bought some soup, which was really nice and I ate a piece of bread with it. Farhad made some really nice vegetables, but it was way too much for one person, so I ate the rest of it. It tasted really really good. Then I had to do my laundry, so I packed up all my bags stuffed with clothes and walked all the way down towards all the washingmachines, put my clothes in and after changing some money at the shop, came back to put int he money and press the button to get the machine going. Later on I came back to put the clothes in the dryer. I don't know what it is though, because, like last time, my clothes didn't really get dry. Maybe I'm putting too much clothes in the dryer and I should separate the sheets, covers and towels from the rest. The 'party' at Alice's house eventually started around 9. I had to wait a while, because I didn't notice I had received a text message saying the time had changed. Marion and Alice went to do some shopping and it was Marion's idea to buy all the nice Kit Kats, and other cookies that are like blocks of pure sugar. I tried not to eat too much, because it just isn't good for you. But of course, you don't want to be unpolite and it's only some candy. Once in a while it's nice to eat those things, even though I prefer eating an apple or some other kind of fruit. To me it's the same thing. Don't really see the differece. The fruit is just much healthier than the candy bars. I also drank some orange juice and a bit of Spanish wine that Clement brought with him. What was really really kind of him was that he actually really bought me a present to make up for not showing up Thursday morning. He bought this really cool book with great restaurants and places to eat when you're a vegetarian and are in London. So when we go to London in December I will know all the nice places to go and eat. But yeah, Clement, you realy are one of the nicest people I've ever met. Always leaving me a note when you have left early or when you borrow me something like Cahiers du Cinema. Really cool. I don't know anyone else who does that. It's great! But I had a wonderful evening, like always. Right now I'm in the library, I know, what am i doing behind the computer, I need to study! But yes, I will. Soooo..speak to all of you later. Au revoir!

No comments: