Friday 12 October 2007

Time Flies

I made sure I was ready between 10 to 11 am so Clement and I could walk to the library together. The night before he told me that he would come pick me up, so I waited. During 10 and 11 he didn't show up yet, so I thoughy let's give it another 20 minutes. In the back of my mind, though, I already expected that maybe he wouldn't show up, because the Wednesday night it was crazy at his house, so I imagined he didn't go to bed until late at night. But to make him remember I sent him an e-mail when i got back to my house on Wednesday. But i waited 20 more minutes...nothing. So i thought, I send him a text message, maybe he forgot about the meeting and he already went to the library. Because we live close to each other I decided to pass by his house while walking to the library. I noticed the curtains of his room where still closed. I knocked on the door twice, but nothing. Then I started walking to the library after calling once, but he didn't pick up the phone, of course. While I walked to the library I met Isa and Ayna who told me Clement was probably still asleep. And yes, turned out he was. So I had waited for nothing. But anyway, it's not such a problem. And he can make up for it by maybe buying me a new teapot. :) In the library I met Alice and I did some reading, but more copying I guess. I like to copy things. I don't know, but I feel cool standing at the copy machine. It's quite relaxing. Arounf hald past 1 I went to the Grimond building for the lecture of British cinema. I had lunch and after a while Alice, who was still in the library, joined me. Then Nicholas came and we went in into the lecture room. Clement had send me an e-mail before, saying he was sorry he didn't show up and was still asleep, but that he would come to the lecture. When Alice, Nicholas and I were already sitting in the lecture room, Clement walked in. The lecture was boring. Not cool at all. Our professor say exactly the same things that are written on the hand-outs he gives to us at the beginning of the lecture. And he also just reads a text that he wrote. He doesn't just tell, but reads his presentation. It's like telling me a bed time story. And I was so tired. During the screening of the film darling I almost fell asleep. Before the screening I talked to Clement outside the lecture room and we decided that we wouldn't go to boxing class, as it was impossible for us to go, because the film took longer than two hours. Five minutes late isn't so bad, but 45 minutes, that's the half of the whole boxing lesson. So today (Friday) we will go and maybe next Thursday also, if the film doesn't take too long. After the screening we walked home, I ate an apple and at 7 pm Clement came to my hosue to pick me up for the Film society meeting. He was on time, but I still had to get some things and get ready. Before going to the meeting we picked up Claudia. Clement had to put his clothes in the dryer after washing them first and Claudia had to do her laundry as well. After that we got to the meeting where we started discussing about our film again together with Euan, who's really cool. The three of us get along fine, which is great, especially when you're making a film togetehr. We all are on the same line and like each other's ideas. Because there was a film quiz, we had to stop at half past 8. Alice would go also. The quiz was in Darwin College. It was really fun. Alice, Clement and I did the quiz together as a team. Some of the questions were really hard and almost with every new question I had to explain what was said to Alice and Clement before we could answer the question. We didn't win, but we didn't really mind. You could win some DVD's, but they weren't really interesting. Two of them were Dumb & Dumber and Meet The Parents, so no real classics by, for example, Godard or Bergman. We didn't ended up last though. Euan, who couldn't play, because he helped making the questions (he did the round about movie taglines) told us we ended somewhere in the middle, which make us very pleased. Then i went home, ate the last bit of my apple and went to bed. Now I'm again going to the library. I have seminar at 2. This week seems to have passed by so fast. I can't believe next week is already my fourth week of lectures here at Kent.

No comments: