Tuesday 23 October 2007

A Bit Late

Last night I watched Last Tango In Paris for the first time. I went to the Gulbenkian cinema with Clément and Claudia. Claudia had seen the film before, but Clément never did and me neither. Because The Dreamers (Les Innocents) is my favourite movie and like Tango is directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, I really wanted to check it out. I liked the movie a lot with its vibrant use of music and lots of orange and brown-orange colours. I would love to go to the cinema every night this week, because they show a lot of films that will only be shown once. So it's my only chance to see them. The thing is they aren't films I desperately need to see and having already seen the programma for next month, which is filled with films I NEED to see, I wouldn't mind I would miss ht efilms of this week. I was just 5 minutes late for my lecture yesterday. So when I walked in it had already started, but I didn't really miss that much I think. I guess I was late, because this time we didn't meet up at the reception first before going to the lecture. So because of that i left my house later than normally. The lecture again was very interesting. We looked at the the way we as a viewer receive information about the outcome of the story before the film actually gives away the ending. Which some stories we already know how it ends, because they can be about a crime that was committed and of which you know the person who committed the crime eventually went to jail. The documentary we watched, The Thin Blue Line was very interesting. I watched the entire film with lot of interest, so it was really good. At home I worked a bit on my essay. I have it already finished for most part, just have to read it again and again and make little changes. I also went to do my laundry and I'm very pleased my clothes actually came out dry after putting them in the dryer. I cooked dinner as well and then around 8.50 Clément came over to my house to pick me up to go to the cinema. Today I have seminar from Documentary Film. I'm sure it's going to be good. I really have come to like the course. It's better than British Cinema.

No comments: