Saturday 6 October 2007

Crêpes Party/Crappy Audition

Yesterday there was the audition, my seminar and the crepes party. I first went to the library to study, but I ended up reading Sight & Sound. It wasn't that much of a problem as I already ahd read all the texts I was supposed to read. At first I was all by msyelf, because I couldn't find the others who were supposed to be on the third floor. Later on Alice came to pick me up after going to the registery. I was at the fourth floor where we always sit, but Alice showed me where she had been studying all morning. Heidi was there as well, and she was reading with in front of her this huge pile of papers. She had to make fotocopies of an entire book, which she later explained was necessary, because the book was already reserved for someone else. So she only had 20 minutes to ' read' the book, so she decidded to make copies instead. Lately I've been making full sue of my Ipod. It's ncie to read and listen to some music and I like that when you put your Ipod in your pc, Last.fm scrobbles the songs you've played. So it not only scrobbles the songs you play on your laptop. but also your Ipod, which is really cool. Around 13.30 Iw ent to the Grimond building to get ready for the seminar. I had lunch: slice of bread with strawberry jam and a muesli bar. The seminar was nice, but for some reason I don't really like the group. I don't know what it is, but before we walk into the room, I feel strange and uncomfortable, and I feel like running away. I don't have those feelings on Tuesday when I have my seminar for Documentary Film. Again I said something during the seminar, but I felt it wasn't really of any importance. Afterwards I went home to Park Wood. I wanted to do my laundry, so i packed all my bags full of clothes and started walking. But when i came there the place was filled with people and a girl told me they were all in use, so i had no other choice than return home. Eventually I did my laundry after I came back from the audition later that night. Almost all washing machines were empty, only the dryers were in full ude, but sicne I first had to wash my clothes, that wasn't a problem. I then went home again, stayed very shortly, and then visited Anne, who was making some pancakes in her kitchen. She was making some with cheese, apple and just plain ones with nothing on them. Veronique was making crepes in her house and Clement was already finished. He told me there was this big pile of crepes, when i met him and some others at the shop next to the reception. After going to Anne I went to Clements house and after a while everyone showed up. We put a table in our back yard and put everything on it from panackes to jam. At the end of the night I had eaten 5 crepes and 1 pancake. I was really full and I don't understand why i ate so much of them. But it was my dinner, so I had no choice. But next time I won't eat that much anymore. Maybe I should throw an eat healthy party, with only fruit and vegetables. Because why is it that at a party people always tend to eat potatoe chips and drink beer? We can also drink water and eat carrots. I'm sure it would be really fun. When peopel started to leave and the party was kind of over, Alice and I decided to go and dry our clothes. The dryers int he upper-class area apparently didn't work, so she had to dry her clothes at the place where I do my laundry. But the party was very nice. Almost everyone from the Language course was there, so it was kind of a reunion. I got a gift from Sandra, orange juice, which is now in my refigerator. It's really good oramge juice, and it was cool to have gotten it from her, since i didn't have any drinks left, besides tea and of course water. Right now I'm at the library. I'm done with typing this, so I go back to study with Marion, Alice and Clement. Bye bye!
Oh, and the audition. I completely forgot about it. I don't think it went that good. I didn't really like the text and the girl I ahd to do the scene with was a bit too overdramatic in her acting. I prefer a more natural approach. I'm not sure what our ' director' thought about it, but I have a feeling I won't be in the play. Sunday I will know for sure.

No comments: